Best Friend (Rafe Cameron x Reader)

Words: 3

Words: 3.700+ words

Type: Angst & Fluff

Warnings: English is not my first language, sorry if I misspell something. Swearing, maybe? Fem!Reader.

You swipe clean the wooden tables while listening to Kiara's conversation with JJ, silently

"Y/N, can you give this to the table in the corner please?" Kiara's dad, Mike, says to you.

"Of course," You say with a smile.

You discard your wet cloth and wash your hands quickly before grabbing the plate of food and taking it to, who you believe are, some tourists.

They thank you as you place the plate down and as you walked away, both of them started eating their appetizer.

Your phone vibrates in your back pocket and you check it quickly, a text from your boyfriend, Rafe, wishing you a good morning. You smile down at the screen and answer him quickly before Mike could notice, but Rafe is quick to ask something else: if you're going to the party tonight.

"What did I say about phones, missy?" Mike says, making you look up at him and apologize, smiling at his fake-angry expression.

"Sorry"

You send a quick 'idk' to Rafe and shove the phone back in your pocket.

"I'll see you later, Y/N," Pope says while walking out with JJ.

"Bye, have a nice day at work," You tell him, and he smiles at you while waving at you and walking out.

If you had to choose, Pope is definitely one of your favorites guys in Kie's whole friend group. No offense to JJ and John B, but you always found Pope so cute and innocent. He'll always be your favorite.

And that's probably something that Rafe does not like. Even when dating a Pogue (you), Rafe wants you to stay away from that crowd and hang out with him and his kook friends.

As if his crowd is any better.

Kie walks behind the counter as well and gives you a small smile when noticing that you spaced out. You smile back while slightly shaking your head and turn your attention back to the plates.