chapter sixteen

hours went by and all six of them had gone shopping and jay even treated everyone with ice cream.

they were all having a great time, not realizing all the time that went by until hana got a call.

"hello?" she answered.

"um .. did you forget about work?"

she immediately gasped and hung up on the phone, her gasp grabbing the attention of all six boys.

"what's wrong?" jay asked.

"work," hana answered, "i forgot that i have a night shift!"

"i'm sorry guys, but i've got to rush to work. it was so nice hanging out with you all," hana smiled.

"we should hang out again," sunoo exclaimed.

"definitely," hana replied, "but i should really go. i don't want my manager yelling at me."

"yes, go," jungwon spoke, "don't get in trouble. we'll see you soon! uh jay, you should go with her to uh .. just go with her."

"oh you don't have to. go home and get some rest. all of you. see you next time!" hana yelled before running off, not noticing that someone was going after her.

five minutes later, the person finally caught up with her.

"gosh do you run fast."

"jay—" hana gasped, "i told you not to—"

"i should make sure you get there safely," he spoke, continuing to walk beside hana.

"are you sure you want to meet up with uh your ex though?"

"yes," hana replied, "it's going to be okay. i'll be fine. jaemin's going to be there with me, so don't worry."

"tch," jay snickered, "who said i was worried?"

"your voice. your eyes. you mentioning it out of the blue. everything about you," hana smiled, "but i'm really thankful for you."

hana looked forward with her hands intertwined behind her and continued to talk, "you've practically protected me every single time my ex has been near, and despite the crazy celebrity life you have .. you seem like a normal friend to me."

"normal friend?" jay dramatically gasped, "i think i'm offended."

"well am i supposed to say spectacular friend?"

"you're supposed to say boyfriend."

"am i supposed to-"

"yes," jay nodded, "you should get used to calling me your boyfriend. you never know what cameras are out there recording and taking pictures of us."

hana sighed and looked at jay with a smile, "fine. my dear boyfriend, what else shall i do for you?"

"oh don't say it like that," jay cringed, making hana laugh, "but go on. why else are you thankful for me?"

"fishing for compliments huh? well .. you're really attractive and like—"

jay gasped once again, "don't tell me .. are you only sticking with me because i'm attractive?"

"of course not! now i'm offended," hana mumbled.

"no no don't take it like that," jay chuckled.

"oh i'm taking it like that. i'm hurt," hana sulked.

once they got in front of the café, hana was going to open the door and enter, but jay pulled her arm back, making her bump into his body.

his hand was still attached to her arm and their bodies were against each other. hana's heart began beating rapidly as she looked up into jay's eyes.

"i was just joking okay?" jay spoke softly, "i enjoy having you as a 'normal' friend too."

hana let out a quiet chuckle because of the way jay mocked her words.

"you're really pretty, but that's not the reason why i consider you a friend and i know it's the same for you. it's just fun to tease you," he smirked.

hana sighed, "you really make my blood boil sometimes."

"and apparently i make your heart beat like crazy too," he chuckled, "i can feel it."

hana's lips parted as she backed away and let jay's hand slide from her wrist to her hand.

"i-i should go in to uh .. i have to work," she stuttered, "you should go and get some rest."

"mhm i'll try," jay nodded, "go before you get in trouble."

hana nodded and released her hand from his before walking into the café and waving goodbye.

"you're late," andrew spoke before throwing the apron towards her.

"hey hey," eunbi called out, "she was with her precious boyfriend. let her be."

"sorry," hana replied, "i completely forgot i had a shift today."

"yeah yeah it's okay. now tell me," eunbi began, attaching herself to hana's arm, "what did you and jay do?"

"what do you mean?" hana asked.

"why was he just with you?"

"ah because i spent the day with him and his friends and then got the call from andrew and rushed over here but jay wanted to come and uh," hana hesitated, "make sure i got here safely."

"please i'm about to pass out," eunbi stated, "that's adorable."

"you date a celebrity and get to hang out with his celebrity friends and speak of it as if you didn't just hang out with celebrities," eunbi rambled, "what kind of wattpad life are you living?"