chapter twenty

hana smacked her lips and softly hit jay's arm before whisper-yelling, "don't joke around like that!"

"i'm not joking," jay replied with a straight face.

hana's face began to redden as she began to feel flustered by jay's words, making him laugh.

jay pulled her closer to him and wrapped his arms around her, swaying the two back and forth.

"are you sure you're okay?" he asked in a whisper, "what has that guy been doing to you?"

hana's mind went blank for a bit before she wrapped her arms around him and melted into his embrace, her face comfortably resting on his chest.

"i'm okay," she replied in the same quiet tone, "i don't know what that was about. that's never happened before."

jay breathed out and let out a sigh, bringing his lips to place a soft kiss on her forehead without thinking.

"if you need to talk, just come to me, okay?" he asked, looking down into her eyes.

hana smiled back and nodded before releasing her arms and backing away once she saw jungwon walking towards them.

hana was resting in bed with her eyes closed, thinking of everything that happened that day.

"ahh!" she yelled, covering her face with a pillow.

"am i growing real feelings for jay?" she asked herself.

"no no. what are you doing hana? you can't."