I'm In Love With You - Glenn

"Glenn it's not a big deal." I sighed as I hooked my knife into the waistband of my pants and picked up my backpack, glancing at him as I slung it over my shoulders.

"Not a big deal?" He gawked, causing me to roll my eyes.

"No."

"You could get hurt, or killed, or worse." He counted the reasons on his fingers and I rolled my eyes for the second time before brushing past him and heading towards my tent.

"You go on runs all the time and look at you- the epitome of health."

"Yeah but that's because I'm-"

"What?" I stopped in my tracks and turned to face him. "You're what? A guy."

"Well- well yeah." He stuttered, shoving his hands in his pocket like a child.

"Oh Please. Don't forget asshole, anything you can do, I can do bleeding." I continued towards my tent and ripped the zip open before climbing inside. It'd been a few weeks since we set up the Atlanta camp and Glenn and I had become friends pretty quickly seeing as we were the same age, but that still didn't stop him from annoying the hell out of me sometimes.

"Y/n come on." He hunkered at the mouth of my tent. I sat with my back to him.

"I need to leave soon."

"Please don't go this time, just wait and you can come with me tomorrow." I could feel his eyes burning into the back of my skull.

"I don't need you to protect me." I sniffed, my insolence surfacing.

"I know, it's just, you've never been out there, you don't know what it's like with all the geeks. There's too many." I heard him shift and I glanced over my shoulder. He was now sitting, his arms resting on his knees.

"I'm careful, you know that." I turned to face him, "Besides, Andrea, T and Shane are coming too. I won't be alone."

"I'd just rather be there, you know?" He looked up and his eyes met mine, "I don't know what I'd do if anything happened to you."

"You'd get over it." I half smiled, trying to lighten the mood.

"No, I wouldn't." He shifted his gaze to the ground, still fully serious. I frowned, I'd never seen him like this. "I'm in love with you." His voice was low as he blurted it out. He continued to stare at the ground and I couldn't help but let my eyes widen.

"Glenn..." I trailed off. What the fuck was I supposed to say to that?

"I am," he sniffed, "you drive me crazy and I really care about you. You're the best thing that's happened to me in this messed up world"

Slowly, I moved so that I was kneeling in front of him. And before I knew what I was doing, I reached out and placed my hand on his cheek.

"Please don't get upset, I'm sorry." I whispered.

"You haven't done anything, I just didn't expect to tell you, like this."

"I'm happy you did." I said with a slight smile as I thought about every moment that Glenn and I had shared since we first met. He slowly dragged his eyes from the ground to meet mine once again, a small smile slowly appearing on his face.

At this point, I couldn't even be bothered to restrain myself as I leant forward. My lips pressed against his for a few seconds before I pulled away, almost laughing at the full blown grin that was now plastered on his face.