Chapter 2

Another update!! Happy 2022 😊♥️🎉

Chapter 2

Ryzel is awake, but he kept his eyes closed. His head is throbbing painfully and every move he makes only worsens the pain. Ryzel could only hope that Edward will enter and help Ryzel, but Edward might be resting. It's still two in the morning after all.

Gritting his teeth, Ryzel opened his eyes and tearfully reached for the emergency button on the headboard. Ryzel used his right hand because his left is connected to an IV drip. The only illumination of his huge room is from the lampshade on his bedside.

The balcony was closed but Ryzel can see the beautiful night sky through the glass door. A heart monitor sits on Ryzel's left, an oxygen tank, and a cart filled with Ryzel's medicines. Ryzel doesn't want to disturb Edward but Ryzel badly needs his painkiller.

Ryzel was about to push the button when he decided last minute that he'll bear it. "No. I can do this." It was during these times, when Ryzel feels so alone and in pain, that Ryzel remembers Blue. Ryzel is fully aware that what he did to Blue was a dick move, but Ryzel believes that Blue can survive.

Ryzel inhaled sharply and closed his tear-filled eyes. Before his blurry vision dropped close, Ryzel caught a glimpse of a silhouette. The build was so familiar that Ryzel couldn't help but feel bitter. It was just Ryzel's imagination. No one can enter his room because it is password-protected.

"B-Blue... I wish you're here..." But Ryzel knows that Blue despises him. Ryzel keeps on hurting Blue, and Ryzel will understand if Blue decided to let go of him. "I'm s-sorry..." If only I can see Blue, even if it's just a dream.

Blue covered his mouth and gritted his teeth, his tears falling one by one. Blue has been in Ryzel's room for three hours, watching and guarding Ryzel like a hawk. You're so fucking stubborn, Ryzel. You should've told me. You didn't have to bear this alone.

Five hours earlier,

Blue roughly wiped his tears and was about to reach for his alcohol flask when he saw Edward assisting Ryzel to the car. Unlike  Ryzel's vibrant countenance earlier, the Ryzel right now is pale and weak. Blue wrinkled his forehead and his heart began to get restless. 

Blue blinked rapidly and shifted uncomfortably in his seat. His guts are telling him that something suspicious is going on, and Blue is going to find out. When Edward and Ryzel's car drove off, Blue turned on his car engine and tailed them.

The car was entering private property and Blue knew that he had to do something about it, but for some reason, before they reach the gate, the car where Ryzel is stopped. Edward got off and stared in Blue's direction. Edward knows that Blue has been tailing them ever since they were at Devon's estate.

Blue swallowed hard when Edward approached Blue's car and gestured Blue to open the window. "You don't have to sneak in. You're free to enter. Ryzel will be resting for the rest of the evening because he's not feeling well. If you want to throw hurtful words at him because you were not satisfied earlier, come back another time. If you promise to behave, I'll let you in. What's your choice, Blue Winters?"

Blue stared at Edward's gray eyes with a clenched jaw, then he nodded. "I'll behave but it doesn't mean that I won't ask. I know that something is wrong."

"Sure. Wait for my signal before you enter the premises. I don't want Ryzel to get stressed even more if he sees you." Edward has no other intention but Ryzel's welfare. Ryzel got hurt from Blue's words earlier but Ryzel is good at bottling his emotions so it didn't show.