✯Thrity-One✯ - Jacob

Chapter Thirty-one

Jacob's POV

One week.

It's been one week since the accident. One week since Alexa's death, one week since Gideon fell into a coma while still in the bed, with a small chance of ever waking up.

Jacob could recall the dreadful phone call that day. After having a huge argument with Teresa, he tried calling Gideon concerning the matter, but it went straight to the voicemail. A couple of minutes later Jacob saw Gideon had returned the call back, unfortunately the voice he heard wasn't that of his brother.

A cop has called informing Jacob about Gideon's accident, and the death of one person present in the car.

Jacob has driven like a madman, not caring about receiving a ticket, straight to the hospital. He could remember how hot and cold his body felt, how he could hear his fast heartbeat in his ears, and how serious he was sweating.

The thought of losing his brother almost broke him, on his way to the hospital. The news about Gideon in the ER unsettled him greatly, including the news of Alexa's death.

Jacob cried deep in his heart for Teresa. He knew how much Alexa meant to her. He tried calling her though knowing she wouldn't pick up, but he had hoped she would. But she didn't.

He quickly called his parents telling them about the dreadful news. He could sense their pain and hopelessness, as they were far away from New York and not able to be with both their sons.

The cops had come to give a clear picture of what had happened to cause the accident. A failed brake, followed by the heavy rain contributed to the sad ordeal, making the car lose control and slam then rotate in the highway twice, followed by a car hitting a side of their car, probably Alexa's side killing her instantly.

The news had shook the entire media. The death of a well known popular author Alexa Rivera, and the still critical condition of her boyfriend broke the hearts of Alexa's fans and readers.

All this happened while Gideon was still in an ER.

Savannah had called crying her eyes out after seeing the news from the media, breaking Jacob's heart even more than before. He knew how much Alexa meant to her. He had seen how close they both were, their love so strong and natural.

The doctor came out of the ER bearing the sad news to a scared Jacob.

Gideon had sustained a bad hit on the back of his head causing a crack, and four broken ribs, a serious injury around his body, probably going to scar, a broken arm, and a dislocated shoulder, with both of his two legs broken. There was likely a less chance of him ever walking again.

It was a miracle he had survived, according to the doctor.

Now here he is sitting a few feet away from his unconscious brother's bed, staring blankly at nowhere entirely. Just filled in his own lonely thoughts.

"Here." A plastic disposable cup covered his sight. Jacob whirled his gaze towards the hands holding it up. 

Gina Snow. His now sixteen years old younger sister, sitting at the vacant space beside him.

"Mom said I should give you this, since you refused to have any meal yet." She said, offering him a forced smile, her cornflower eyes sad and blank as she shifted her gaze towards where Gideon lay.

"Where's she?" Jacob asked, his voice rough and unfamiliar to his ears, while he took the possible ice-tea of her hand, not taking a sip from it.

Gina sighs, throwing her head back on the couch present in the private hospital room he had arranged for his brother. "Talking to Mr. Andrew." She sighs again with her eyes closed.