XVIII : The Plan

GWEN

"So, to do this, I'm going to need something of hers" Gwen said, as she looked expectantly around to the Cullens. They had been talking long enough about Victoria, and once Cal gave the go-ahead for them, Gwen wanted to get to work! The less muggles that were killed, the better.

"Why would we have something that belongs to Victoria?" Rosalie asked, raising an eyebrow at the raven-haired woman.

"Well, we can also trace the magic in the town" Gwen said, as she looked to Cal as they began to plan their strategy. "We can then eliminate the magic we know to belong to you all, and focus on tracing the magic of the three Vampires. You said the last time you all saw her was in the clearing?"

"Yes" Carlisle nodded.

"She was in the ocean, with Bella" Alice said, as she put her eyebrows together as though thinking hard.

"That was over on the reservation" Carlisle pointed out. "We wouldn't be able to join you there. However, if you want to begin there and let us know where it leads."

"Of course" Cal answered. "Leave it to us."

"Wait" Alice said quietly. "When Bella jumped off the cliff--"

Gwen and Cal exchanged confused and alarmed looks. The muggle did what?

"--she found a strand of red-hair on her clothing. When I showed up, she later showed it to me as proof that Victoria was here."

"Do you have this hair strand Alice?" Cal asked her.

"I do" Alice said, as she ran upstairs and came back down just as quickly. "I saved it to create a timeline of Victoria's whereabouts."

"You had that in your room Alice?" Rosalie asked, with a clear disgust.

"No, it was in the second library upstairs. But, I'm glad I didn't throw it out!"

"This is perfect" Gwen said, as she took the hairs and placed it on top of the map.

"Mappa Avenseguim!" Gwen said in a calm voice, as the three strands of red hair and the map interlocked and a great golden light united them.

"What's going on?" Emmett asked eagerly, as Carlisle put his hand up to keep him from distracting Gwen.

The raven-haired woman stepped forward, as she read the map and followed the golden hair. It had broken up into smaller pieces, as the hair turned into around ball and traveled quickly throughout the outskirts of Seattle, heading towards Forks.

"I can't believe this...She's coming here" Gwen said, as she saw the golden light tying together and leading them to her.

"What?!" Carlisle, Emmett, and Alice gasped.

"What are the chances?" Cal breathed, as he leaned forward and saw the moving target.

"How much time do we have?" Jasper asked quickly, as Gwen noticed a completely new and unexpected reaction from him. He had a more commanding voice than she noticed before, seeing his calm and peaceful facade coming down as he looked ready for battle.

"Twenty minutes before she reaches the beach" Gwen said, looking away from Jasper as she looked back down to the map and then to her watch. It was 7pm on the dot. Victoria would reach land in twenty minutes.

Carlisle pulled out his phone, "I need to warn Edward."

"Is he not coming?" Cal asked, as Gwen was somewhat relieved Cal asked.