XXXIV : The Apology, the Plan, and the Future

Gwen felt a ringing in her ears, as though a troll had hit her over the head with a club. Alex's words echoed in her head, as she had not quite registered completely what he was saying. Or maybe, she just wished she was hearing something different.

"What?"

"He's in the living room waiting," Alex said, the worry leaving his face as he found Gwen's reaction quite amusing.

"Edward?!" Gwen whispered fiercely, as she shot out of bed.

"I think when we heard Harry approaching the door, he knew to make himself scarce. I'm sure he's hiding out up here in one of your guest rooms."

Gwen let out a sigh of relief, feeling herself breathing well again. Without her knowing, she had been holding her breath since Alex had mentioned Harry was in her home. The last thing she needed was for Harry to see Edward...It was the last thing she needed.

But Alex found this entire ordeal amusing, "So, are you going to tell him that your new boyfriend looks like your old boyfriend?"

"Edward is not my boyfriend. And that's not funny! None of this is funny!"

"It actually is," Alex chuckled. "From where I'm sitting! Two men— well one man and one vampire, vying for your love and both under one roof! Who will Gwen Organa pick? Who will she ultimately destroy? Man or immortal?"

"HA-HA!" Gwen growled sarcastically, as she went to her mirror. "Remind me to be this mean to you when you're hungover!"

"Technically, I am also hungover. But I'm smart enough to drink my hair of the hippogriff bright and early."

Gwen groaned as she tried to brush out her hair, her head was pounding. She remembered how close she and Edward were to kissing, how horrible she had felt after running into Harry, and not to mention, Edward's confession. This was all too much to think about while nursing a pretty severe hangover. "Why is this happening to me?"

"You know, I really don't know. Part of me feels like you manifest this. You love to live on the edge."

Gwen closed her eyes as she took a deep breath, "Let's just get this over with."

"Wait, you're not going to shower?" Alex asked, making a face at her.

The raven-haired woman rolled her eyes as she looked at herself in the mirror. Her eyes were sunken in and bloodshot. She definitely needed a shower. And maybe some food.

"I look like death."

"No, I'm sure death looked better."

Gwen rolled her eyes, "You know, you're not exactly helping."

"Well, if I'm required to help" Alex grinned, as he held out a green potion to her.

"Is this what I think it is?" Gwen asked, as she took the ill-tasting potion that she knew would settle her stomach and pounding head.

"It is" Alex said, as he watched his friend drink it in one gulp. "Merlin, that looks as disgusting as it smells."

"It is disgusting" Gwen gagged, as she finished the rest of it and felt the effects immediately coming into place. "Thank you...This might make up for you giving me a hard time."

Alex grinned, "So... Who are you going to pick?"

Gwen glared at him, as her heart pounded in her chest. It was too early to think about what Alex meant. She didn't want to think about it, "Nobody... I pick myself."

"Music to my ears" Alex chuckled. "Now go, the suspense is killing me.

The raven-haired woman knew she looked like complete shite as she walked down the stairs, finding Harry in dark green robes that brought out his brilliant eyes. She felt herself forget everything around her as they locked eyes, a nervous smile coming to both of their faces.