Chapter 53-Gathered

Leona's POV
I'd never met Freya's siblings or Wren before, so the fact that they were arriving in under ten minutes was nerve-wracking. It was close to easter, meaning Micaela wasn't in school and Elora wasn't in college. I'd taken the day off from work and Freya did too so it was the perfect opportunity. Her roommate wasn't here either.

Freya's family meant a lot to her so I wanted to make a good impression. It was only a little over a year ago that she grew closer to Elora but from what I'd heard she'd always been close to Micaela and Wren. It saddened me that they didn't get to spend more time together.

We'd been together for a little over four months now and by September we would have been friends for two years. It was insane to think about how fast time had passed. September of 2019 I'd just entered my last year of college and now I'd graduated without my sister, was on my way to becoming a realtor, and I had a girlfriend. Things were getting better and better each day, I was happier. Healthier. Freya was too. I was grateful.

We'd made lunch for us all and even dessert. I simply hoped everything would go as planned and things would go along smoothly. But I wouldn't be surprised if I embarrassed myself with the nerves eating up at me. I knew I was overreacting but I couldn't help it.

"Relax, Wren is really chill, and Micaela too. Elora is," she paused, "well Elora is Elora. Old habits die hard but she's become less judgemental since she distanced herself from Jolene."

"I know, I know. But I want to make a good impression."

"Just be yourself, that's enough."

"I'll try."

The doorbell rang and Freya stood up, I followed her to the door and waited in anticipation as she opened it. Micaela, Elora, and Wren entered. I'd seen pictures of them and it was easy to tell them apart.

Micaela had her hair half up half down in a ponytail, the part that was down was dyed green and the part that was up was brown. Which she assumed was her natural hair color. Her hair was wavy in contrast to Elora's straight blonde hair. There weren't any similarities between the three siblings she could detect.

Their styles were different as well. Micaela was wearing a short green plaid skirt with ripped fishnets and a belt paired with black boots with a heel that made her much taller. She was wearing a black t-shirt with green text and something I wasn't sure what it was on it. Her ear had a bunch of jewelry on them and I spotted a septum piercing as well. She wore matching makeup to top it off.

Meanwhile, Elora wore a brown crop top with an open beige blazer, a pair of white baggy pants, and a brown belt to go with it. She had a pair of white plain shoes on. Her makeup was done more naturally in comparison to Micaela's green theme. Then there was Freya who had a blue short-sleeved turtle neck on and a pair of ripped jeans with no makeup except mascara. Her shoes were a pair of black ankle boots. Although they were all different they looked good in their unique way.

The original plan today was that Dimitri, Wren's husband, would show up as well. Sadly he fell sick yesterday and couldn't make it so it was just the five of us.

"How's Dimitri?" Freya asked Wren as he took his jacket off.

"I believe it's a normal cold, so he'll be fine soon."

"That's good, wish him well from me, would you?"

He nodded and then turned to me. "But enough of that, I want to meet your girlfriend."

My cheeks went red at the mention of me. I knew I should have drank before this. I cleared my throat and took a step forward, realizing I was practically hiding behind Freya. Get it together, you're not ten.