Chapter 73-Honeymoon

Leona's POV
I put down my bags, tired and excited, yet also relieved, after the long trip. Freya kissed me from behind and slumped onto the bed. I laughed and joined her, snuggling into her side.

"Lisbon, huh?" She said.

"From the little we've seen on the way to the hotel, it's beautiful."

"It sure is."

"So, what should we do first?"

She pondered on the thought for a good minute, making her thinking face before she suggested we go and eat something at the hotel since it was around dinner time. After we'd decided we'd explore the city briefly.

We ate, drank a little, laughed, talked, and then we were out of the hotel at around 8 pm to go on a stroll. I brought along my camera, wanting to take some pictures.

I'd done my research and found about pastel de Natas, a supposedly delicious custard tart. After finding a famous place that made good ones, we headed there and bought some. I dug in, immediately understanding the hype about the pastry.

"Shit, this is good."

I hummed in agreement, eating up the rest of it. She laughed and ate hers too. We continued walking around, visiting as many places as we could. Somehow, we ended up in a club at around midnight. I hadn't even realized it was so late.

"How did we get here?" I laughed.

She shrugged. "I don't know. Let's get some drinks and then we can head back to the hotel."

"You sure that's a good idea?"

"Probably not since we're in a foreign country and I don't know how we're going to find our way back after."

"You're doing a great job convincing me."

"But it's our honeymoon, we're obligated to let loose."

"Aren't we supposed to be responsible adults?"

She huffed. "Nah."

***

It was not a good idea and at around 3 am we were stumbling out of the club, trying to figure the direction to the hotel. I squinted at my phone to figure out where it was telling me to go.

"Yeah, we should probably get a taxi or whatever."

Freya agreed. "Probably."

Somehow we got back to the hotel. I was tired out of my mind when we fell back on the bed. So exhausted I didn't have the energy to change out of my clothes. Freya fell asleep the moment her bed hit the pillow but I wasn't so lucky. Despite my body desiring sleep, it seemed to not want to cooperate and it took me at least an hour to fall asleep.

The next morning I woke up to the sound of someone scrambling with something. I rubbed my eyes and checked the clock on the nightstand. It read 11 am. I yawned and stretched, getting out of bed and wrapping my arms around my wife. My head was pounding but I tried to ignore it.

"I see you're awake."

"Sure am. Hungover?"

"So hungover. And you?"

"I think my head is about to explode and I thoroughly regret our past selves actions. Can barely even remember what we did last night after getting wasted."

"I recall something about dancing but my memory is blurry. I do remember us getting in a taxi and laughing like the drunk idiots we were the whole ride there. Surprised we got here at all."

"Yeah, stupid idea."

"Fun regardless."

"Debatable."