Chapter 28-Confessions

*Third point of view for
a better experience*

Freya sat down on the creaky bed, resting her face in her palms and elbows propped up on her lap. Sighing deeply, she took a sip of the coffee standing on the nightstand and fell down onto the bed with her feet still touching the floor. She was mentally and physically exhausted.

"I'm making some food, do you want any?" Rowan yelled from the kitchen.

"Sure," she yelled back.

She dragged herself to the wardrobe and chose an outfit she deemed okay. This ended up being a white cropped tank top and a pair of black sweatshorts. Putting her hair up in a ponytail, she made her way to the living room to sit down on the couch and watch some TV.

That's exactly what she did, her focus wasn't really on the TV as her mind, against her will her mind drifted to a certain brunette. Well, technically, pink-haired girl now. Freya thought it fit her.

Eventually, Rowan was finished making lunch for them both and called her into the kitchen. He'd prepared some pasta and sauce for them both. Freya thanked him and dug in. They didn't say much to each other and an uncomfortable silence filled the air.

"I'm going out with a couple of friends, do you want to come?" Rowan asked out of the blue.

Freya shook her head, she hated most of his friends and wasn't in the mood. "No, I'm good. Have fun with your friends."

Usually, an argument would start up at just the mention of them. Freya would get mad that he still hung out with them and Rowan would defend them saying they weren't that bad. She'd storm off and not talk to him. This time, she didn't bother, knowing there was no point as it always ended up the same. He didn't care enough to drop them despite them being major assholes and sexually harassing her more than once. Freya did murmur something about how he could hang out with them under her breath but he didn't pick up on it.

"Okay, I'm leaving soon. Are you gonna be okay on your own?"

"Yeah, I'm not five," Freya blurted out. He rolled his eyes at this.

"I didn't say that," Rowan gritted his teeth together. "Do you always have to make comments on everything? Do you really hate me that much?"

"I don't," Freya countered.

"Stop acting like it then," Rowan snapped and this time he stormed out of the house.

Freya closed her eyes and banged her face against the table multiple times before eating up and cleaning the dishes. She sat on the couch again and scrolled on her phone for around two hours and then started growing bored. Just as Freya was about to go to the bedroom, she heard a knock, wondering if Rowan was back so soon.

Leona stood on the other side of the door, fidgeting with her fingers and contemplating whether or not she should just get in the car and drive home. She was a mess all around, however, she wouldn't. Mainly because of her sister and also since she just drove two hours to get here and it would have been a waste of time otherwise.

It was too late now regardless, Leona had already knocked and if she ran off now, she'd seem like a prankster and probably annoy Freya. No point in chickening out now. Yet, she was scared Freya would shut the door in her face or hate her forever.

When the door opened, Leona's heart almost stopped. Freya furrowed her brows in confusion, wondering what in the world she was doing here. Not that she was disappointed, it was just strange of her to see her here when she would be with Layla.