Chapter 63-Cat

Freya's POV
"No," I firmly said.

"Why not?"

"We're not adopting four kittens. It's one or none."

Leona and I had decided to adopt a cat.

"You're boring."

"I'm realistic. And we already booked an appointement for a kitty named Penny."

"Boring."

"Realistic."

"Boring."

We argued on for about ten minutes before I got into the car with a Leona who was pouting like a five-year old who didn't get any candy. I ignored her until we arrived at the cat shelter. She brightened up and seemed to forget our meaningless arguement.

She practically sprinted into the shelter, not able to contain her excitement. I laughed and followed her in. There were a bunch of cats all around us. Everything from kitties to older cats, some hurt and scared and others in better conditions.

"They're all so adorable and you expect me to not bring them all home?"

I snickered and kissed her on the cheek. "Do you really think you could take care of all of them?"

"Shut up."

Stubborn.

Her eyes landed on a grey kitty with a black swirl pattern. The one we saw on the website. It stared at her with curiousity, tilting its head just the slightest. The cat was adorable but seemed a bit timid.

A lady who appeared to be in her sixties with her grey hair and knitted purple sweater approached us smiling. "That's Penny."

Leona turned around and smiled back. "She's cute."

"We contacted the shelter a few days ago about Penny. I'm Freya and this is my fiancée Leona."

She shook our hands. "Delightful to meet you both. I'm Maia. Would you like to properly meet her?"

"We would love to," Leona answered.

Maia opened the cage and beckoned us forward. Leona kneeled slightly to reach to Penny's level and put her finger not far from her to see if she would dare to come closer. Dubiously Penny took a few steps towards Leona and sniffed her finger. And Leona fell in love.

"Do you want to check out any other cats while you're here?"

"It appears my fiancée is pretty set on this one but I can take a look around."

I did exactly that but after a while it became pretty clear Penny was the cat for us. Leona was already obsessed with her. I may or may not have been jealous of a cat, just a little bit.

"How long had she been here now again?" I asked.

"Two months now. We don't know what happened to her but she was eventually put into this shelter. She's shy but a sweetheart, I'm sure you'll love her."

"It seems Leona already does."

Maia chuckled. "That's great. Do you have any more questions?"