[30]

nobody knows this little rose —
it might a pilgrim be
did I not take it from the ways
and lift it up to thee.
only a bee will miss it —
only a butterfly,
hastening from far journey —
on its breast to lie —
only a bird will wonder —
only a breeze will sigh —
ah little rose — how easy
for such as thee to die! -Emily Dickinson

only a bee will miss it —only a butterfly,hastening from far journey —on its breast to lie —only a bird will wonder —only a breeze will sigh —ah little rose — how easyfor such as thee to die! -Emily Dickinson

a midsummer night's dream

Piling out of Mr. Keating's car was an ordeal. Lots of limbs were flying around, Angeline was sure that Pitts' arm hit her in the back of the head at least four times. There was a lot of passive aggressive hisses thrown around, particularly from Cameron to Charlie, but after a couple minutes of suffering everyone was out.

"Dibs on the center seat!" Charlie cackled, as he ran into Henley Hall. Angeline groaned, and picked up her pace.

"Charlie you said, you said I could have it!"

Rushing through the open doors, the girl quickly spotted the dark haired boy rushing down a mostly empty aisle. As she made her way over, she began to glare at the boy, who's smug smile only seemed to grow.

"First come, first serve Angie baby. Don't you know anything about seat saving?"

"Shut up Dalton."

The girl moved to sit a couple seats down, followed by both Steven and Todd. Getting situated, the girl pulled at her outfit and slumped in her seat. Turning to the boy on her left, she grinned slyly.

"Excited for your first play Stevie?"

The boy rolled his eyes, and gently bumped the girl with his shoulder. He mumbled a couple of words, but didn't reply. He did, however, take the girl's hand off the rail and into his own.

The lights then began to dim.

"Oh, it's starting!"

The dead poets turned their attention to the stage in front of them, itching in anticipation. Even while not really paying attention, Angeline could hear Cameron shushing people around him as the stage lights began to glow.

It didn't take long for Neil to grace the stage, only a couple scenes. Once the brown-haired boy stepped into the light, a sort of excitement ran through the girl. Steven squeezed her hand in excitement and through the corner of her eye the girl saw Todd lean forward.

"Hey, there he is! Hey, hey."

Angeline only glances in Charlie's direction, too engaged with what was going on in front of her. Smiling from ear to her ear was her friend Neil, acting. The girl guessed that his smile could be seen for miles.