[10]

nobody knows this little rose —
it might a pilgrim be
did I not take it from the ways
and lift it up to thee.
only a bee will miss it —
only a butterfly,
hastening from far journey —
on its breast to lie —
only a bird will wonder —
only a breeze will sigh —
ah little rose — how easy
for such as thee to die! -Emily Dickinson

only a bee will miss it —only a butterfly,hastening from far journey —on its breast to lie —only a bird will wonder —only a breeze will sigh —ah little rose — how easyfor such as thee to die! -Emily Dickinson

the first meeting: part two

Neil continues his monologue, initiating himself the leader of the self proclaimed dead poets.

"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life." Whistles of agreement were heard around the cave from the group. Angeline leaned her head on Meeks's shoulder and closed her eyes, reveling in the power of Neil's speech.

"To put to rout all that was not life, and not, when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." The boy flipped through the pages of the book. "And Keating's marked a bunch of other pages."

Charlie interrupts by making his presence known. "Alright, intermission. Dig deep right here. Right here, lay it down."

"On the mud? We're going to put our food on the mud?" Angeline rolled her eyes at the comment.

"Meeks, put your coat down. Picnic blanket." Angeline turned to the boy in question, who grumbled and began to take off his coat.

"Use Meeks's coat." The sarcasm was not lost and Angeline. Once the boy took off his coat and placed it on the ground, she rubbed her hands down the boy's arms.

"So you don't get cold." Meeks blushes and leans in closer to the girl. She smiled and watched as the boys began to dump out their allotted snacks.

"Raisins?"

"Yuck."

"Wait a minute, who brought a half of a roll?"

Pitts cleared his throat. "I'm eating the other half." Looking around at the others disgust, he simply shrugged his shoulders? "What, do you want me to put it back?"

"Angeline, you're a girl, what did you bring?" Once again, Angeline rolled her eyes at Cameron, and pulled out a small tin box and lighter from her pocket and shook it.

"It's not food, it's something much better." She opens the box and pulls out what seems to be a rolled piece of paper.

"You brought cigs? We could of asked Charlie for those!" Angeline struck the lighter and lit the joint, and inhaled the smoke.