[33]

nobody knows this little rose —
it might a pilgrim be
did I not take it from the ways
and lift it up to thee.
only a bee will miss it —
only a butterfly,
hastening from far journey —
on its breast to lie —
only a bird will wonder —
only a breeze will sigh —
ah little rose — how easy
for such as thee to die! -Emily Dickinson

only a bee will miss it —only a butterfly,hastening from far journey —on its breast to lie —only a bird will wonder —only a breeze will sigh —ah little rose — how easyfor such as thee to die! -Emily Dickinson

graduation

The next year went by fast. With Angeline in whole different state, Charlie being expelled, and the rest still attending Welton, the dead poets all had important roads separate from one another. And it's not like they didn't try to stay in contact with one another, it was just different. It was just harder, and a lot more time consuming.

But they managed.

"Charlie I swear! If you don't step out right now I'm leaving without you!"

Angeline was in her car, outside the house of Charles Dalton. Tapping her hand against the steering wheel in exasperation, she sighed as she waited for the boy's front door to reopen. Reaching to honk the horn again, she was startled by the sound of something heavy beating glass on her driver's door. The girl let out a small scream of fright.

The boy outside let out a crazed laugh, and crossed back over to the passenger side's door. Sliding inside, he smiled mischievously and laid his feet on the dashboard, leaning back. His leg was soon smacked, and rather forcefully placed onto the floor of the car.

"Feet off my dash Dalton! One scratch and you'll end up paying for lunch!"

Rolling his eyes, the boy huffed dramatically and shuffled his feet against the floor, making a show of his foot placement. His smirk returned as he turned the volume of the radio up from its previous setting.

"Let's get the show on the road Angie baby! We've got a lot of people to disappoint!"

Angeline groaned, but gave a small smile to show her support.

"That's not the plan."

Charlie turned to face the girl with a grin, shrugging his shoulders with nonchalance.

"Are you gonna drive or what sweetheart? We're not gonna make it in time if your ass doesn't move."

Shaking her head, the girl rolled down the windows and let the loud music fill the large neighborhood. The loud reverberations caused many nearby homeowners to look around in alarm, only causing Charlie to raise the volume higher. The pair drove off laughing, speeding past a school zone sign.