20 | accepting it

I couldn't sleep

I couldn't sleep. Even as my body lay wrapped in the plush duvet, against the best mattress I had ever slept on courtesy of Marley's taste and pockets - since she was the one who had picked it out and paid for it - amongst a plethora of other items she had purchased for Micah and I's apartment.

I still couldn't thank her enough, or even have the means to ever repay her - not that she would take it as she made it clear she had everything handled. I didn't argue with that, hell how could I. Our place was finally coming together, however, it was too bad that I hadn't heard from Micah since I missed his call two days before that.

I had texted him a few times and even called twice, but I couldn't bring myself to hear his voicemail once more or I would simply go crazy with scenarios of what he could be possibly doing. The more I tried to push the image of him and Demani out of my head, the more it seemed to invade my thoughts as I tossed and turned. I finally surrendered, sitting up in my bed and reaching over for my phone, and pulling up Instagram.

I hated lurking, I did - but Micah was leaving me no choice. I get that school kept you busy, but not ignore your girlfriend for two days busy. Was he fucking his ex busy? Regretting his decision too move too quickly with me, busy?

My stomach felt queasy. Throwing the covers from around me, I quickly scurried to the kitchen to pour myself a glass of water. I was in the middle of pouring another when I hear my phone ring, and I damn near dashed back to my bedroom to find my phone.

"Ughhh, where the fuck is it?" I fussed, pushing the huge blanket everywhere.

When I finally found it, I piqued my eyebrow when I saw that it was Marley calling me instead.

"Marley?" I answered, "Everything OK? It's like two in the morning."

"Girl no, Micah is in jail!"

I couldn't believe this shit. After serving Nolan with the ass whooping that he requested, I was the one stuck in a cold ass jail cell for a day and a half after campus security had to pull me off of him. I had thought long and hard about my actions...and yeah, I believed through and through that he deserved the dismemberment of his face.