Reborn part 1

"What do you mean?" Katherine furrowed her brows.

"Bonnie... don't..." Leo tried to stop Bonnie from telling Katherine their plans to take the cure out of her blood.

"You'll find out soon enough" Bonnie shrugged, knowing that Leo was right, they shouldn't tell Katherine yet.

The Salvatore walked past Katherine snd towards his girlfriend, making sure to hold her hand firmly.
"So you're just going to leave me along in a cemetery?" Katherine folded her arms.

"You walked here by yourself anyway, didn't you?" Leo replied with an annoyed expression.

"Well... yeah" Katherine rolled her eyes. "But my feet hurt, and I'm starting to get blisters, plus my head hurts, like... aching"

"It's called a headache" Bonnie told her...

"Will you take me back or what?" She threw her hands on her hips.

"I'm going for a walk with my girlfriend, third wheels aren't invited, sorry kitty Kat" Leo winked as he walked away hand in hand with Bonnie, leaving a whining Katherine alone.
—————————————————-
New Orleans
"You, my littlest wolf, will never have to worry about your father leaving again" Klaus cooed his words to his daughter.

"Dada" Baby Hope managed to say as she clapped her small baby hands together.

"Camille!" Klaus called out, "did you hear that? She... she said..."

"I heard" Camille chuckled, "Vampire senses have their benefits"

Over the past while, Klaus has become a different man. His only intention was to be a father now, he didn't care about wars, he didn't even care about Mikael... all he cared about was protecting his little girl.

Although Klaus was happy in this moment, he needed to speak to Caroline. He had to tell her he wasn't going to be returning to Mystic Falls, he had to tell her that Camille being alive has changed everything, but he also had to tell her... his daughter will always come first.

"Camille, will you be watch Hope for a moment, I have to call someone..." The hybrid asked before leaving the blonde woman alone with his daughter.

Pulling out his phone, Klaus scrolled for the name of the woman who he thought he was in love with... maybe it was just lust... or maybe he was blinded by beauty, but when he thought about it... he never had that true connection with Caroline. Klaus thought about all the conversations he had with Caroline and there wasn't a moment of where he felt as though he could tell her his true emotions... not like he could with Camille.

Flashback - After Camille death
"Where are you going?" Hayley asked the hybrid as he began walking out of his New Orleans home.

"Mystic Falls." He shrugged bluntly.

"What about Hope? When are you going to make time for your daughter?" She narrowed her brows in anger. "I know that Camille is gone, trust me... it hurts, but you don't have to run away."

"Hope is better of without me... just like Camille was." He frowned and began walking closer to the exit.

"I swear to god Klaus! If you leave..."

"Goodbye." He cut her words off and vamp sped away.
————————————————-
Present
"Caroline..." Klaus started as the over end of the phone call had been picked up.