Meeks ☞︎︎︎ paint and baby accident

Requested by gerardpitts
who asked a fluffy thing about Meeks so I thought I would base it on the preference :)

sᴜᴍᴍᴀʀʏ : just a normal day with Meeks as a dad

ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢs: just fluff

☼︎☼︎☼︎

You turned your key in the lock and opened the door of your house. Stepping in, you frowned. Everything was strangely quiet.

"Honey?" you called, taking off your shoes

You walked into the living room. Everything was normal, the baby's chair was next to the table and the food of this noon still on the kitchen table.

You climbed up the stairs and that's when you saw it. Little footsteps on the fake-wooden floor. You sighed and opened the door of your child's room.

It smelt like paint and indeed, everything was still here, the brushes and the fresh white paint.

"Steven?" you called again

"Y/n?"

You turned around as you heard the bathroom door at the end of the corridor. Meeks opened it and stepped out.

"When you call me by my first name it's never good" he joked as you came closer. His previously black shirt was partly covered in white.

"What happened?"

"Hum well" he started, looking at the floor the footsteps were "I painted Tom's room and it happened that he walked in the paint. Then ran away"

You busted out of laughing, imagining the scene

"He's in here?"

"Yes, I managed to take off the paint in the bath" he said, stepping out of the doorway

You smiled as you entered "Hello snowflake"

You kneeled next to the bath in front of your four years old child who was giggling when he saw you. You brushed away with your fingers the hair that fell on his forehead. Meeks sat next to you

"You're coming home early"

"Yes, the school had a little trip so I thought I would come back and help you with the room but look like you decided to paint the whole house" you laughed

"It's his idea" Meeks said, pointing at Tom

"By the way" Meeks started "Neil called this afternoon. He said the wedding will be on June 9"

"I can't wait to see them I feel like it's been ages"

"And I can't believe he and Todd are still together"

"And I can't believe you didn't end with Pitts" you smiled as you turned to him

"Uncle pitss!" exclaimed your son in the bath

"Yes, uncle pitts. In a few months buddie" Meeks laughed and got up. He took a towel as you bring your son up in your arms, and wrapped it around him.

Night came soon and at eight am, you were on the couch as Meeks got Tom to bed. As he came back he sat at the end of it. You snuggled next to him when he wrapped an arm around you

"Long day huh?" Meeks said

"Yes, long day. But it's finally the weekend. I love these kids but entire days with them are too exhausting"

"You can thank Mister Keating for making you want to be a teacher"

You hummed as an answer.
"When are you going back to work?"

"On Monday. One of my clients is going in front of the court at one pm. We need to call the babysitter for Tom"

"Why not Charlie?" you asked, looking at him

"We could but, if we want to find the house in one piece we should call the babysitter"

"He loves Tommy"

"As he should"

You laughed "Wait for him to have kids"

You heard a cry from your child's room and sighed.

"I got it" Meeks said and got up. You laid down on the couch, already missing his warmth.

However, when Meeks came back, you had fallen asleep. He smiled at your state and scooped you up in his arms, bringing you to your and his room. He laid next to you and soon fell asleep too.

°°°°°