Todd part 3 ☞︎︎︎ beautiful mistake

finally the last part you all waited for! thank you for waiting that long <33

---

Neil's play was tomorrow. A week had passed and you still hadn't found anyone. Even with your efforts, you didn't find the one, and it could litteraly be anyone.

"Hey, Y/n! Neil got back from the theatre," Charlie said as he walked in the study room, where you were sitting, reading a book.

As the play was tomorrow, you wanted to cheer him up and know how everything was going to happen. You were excited to say the least. You so went to the boys' dorm and were about to enter the room when you heard voices in it. Neil was with his dad, and Mr Perry seemed extremely mad.

"No I can't, I have the main part, the performance is tomorrow night!" said Neil with a shake in his voice.

"I don't care if the world comes to an end tomorrow night, you are through with that play!" replied his dad.

You leaned against the wall and listened to the conversation, careful not to be seen.

"Is that clear?" he asked and when Neil didn't answer he asked louder, just as if it was going to change something.

"Yes sir," Neil replied in almost a whisper.

As Mr. Perry came closer to the door, you hid behind the end of the corridor. He said something to Neil that you weren't able to hear so you waited for Mr Perry's footsteps to be far enough and pecked your head back in the corridor. As no one was here, you came closer to Neil's room and quietly knocked on the door.

Neil turned around, wishing it wasn't his dad and relaxed when he saw you. You heart broke at the sight of his teary eyes in front of you.

"I heard the conversation," you said as you came in. Neil only nodded.

"Neil," you started

"I'm okay Y/n," he cut you off as he took off his coat and turned his back to you. You sighed, knowing it must be hard for him right now. You came in the room, rubbing your arms.

"I'm sorry he has to be like this with you,"

He turned to you "Y/n it's okay,"

"No Neil, it's not, and I'm here if you..."

"Just go away, please Y/n,"

You frowned, taken aback by his words. You knew and understood it wasn't him talking but mostly the frustration and anger.

"Stop it, Neil. I'm not going anywhere," you insisted and walked closer.

Neil sighed and rubbed his eyes as more tears threatened to come up. Without the both of you exchanged any more words, you wrapped your arms around his neck. Neil wrapped his around your waist and relaxed in your arms. You rubbed his back and he let out a sob, hugging you tighter.

"It's okay Neil, I'm right here," you said. He pulled away and you put your hands on his shoulders and he looked down at you.

"What happened?" you asked.
Neil let go of you and sat down on the bed, resting his elbows on his knees.

"My dad wants me to quit the play," he finally speaked and looked up at you.

"Oh no Neil... " you said as you sat next to him "I'm so sorry, you..I'm sorry,"

"It's not your fault Y/n,"

"It's no one's fault. Especially not yours," you said and wrapped an arm around his shoulder "Maybe you could talk to Mister Keating about this,"