Chapter 9: Shadow

Lisa put her phone back in her locker and headed outside. Looking past the court, she could see Rosé practicing with the other cheerleaders.

She smiled to herself as she watched from the bench.

Her teammate called her back into the court, snapping her out of the scenarios she was making in her head of Rosé and her.

Lisa has always been light with feelings.

Being with Jisoo since high school has taught her it's easier to laugh about it and move on than dwell in the past.

She gets what she wants and moves on when she isn't wanted.

No hard feelings when there are always other options.

Thanks to Professor Turtle Rabbit Kim for that motto.

It's not that she's new to confessing, her dating record is second best in the group, right after Jisoo.

Although the older girl didn't seem too affectionate from the outside, she has always been the Jisoo unnie she could go to for anything.

Jisoo would always console her by telling her it will eventually pass.

Lisa learned Soo's "This too shall pass!" mindset had applied from grades to girls.

But she knew Park Chaeyoung wasn't going to pass easily from the start.

She's heard enough to know she doesn't have a chance.

The Uni's straight church girl who has rejected almost all the boys that came to her.

She still couldn't help herself from falling when she saw her behind the stage, holding onto that guitar.

The dim stage light shone almost too perfectly on her, making it seem like she's the only one in the room.

At least, that's all Lisa saw until the sound of clapping and cheers filled the air reminding her she wasn't the only one there.

She couldn't take her eyes off the girl from then on.

Taking any opportunity to be beside her, she would volunteer to help with any physical work the council required to work alongside Rosé.

Constantly disrupting class until she was sent to the Student Council only to see Rosé in the office.

Joining clubs she didn't even care about just to drop it after she saw her at the meeting.

"When are you gonna move on from her, Listalker?"

"How do you even move on from someone you haven't been with?"

"Why don't you just confess to her?"

"And what? Get rejected? Make her uncomfortable?"

"We know she's not homophobic. She was way too happy holding that rainbow flag during last year's pride event."

"You won't make her uncomfortable and maybe getting rejected will help you move on."

As soon as practice was over she sped through her shower and stepped outside.

The sun had gone down and the street lights had turned on.

Walking towards her bike, she felt goosebumps form on her arm.

Unsure if it was from her body still wet from the shower or the sudden gusts of wind, she pulled up her flannel, too lazy to take out her jacket from her bike.

She got on and moved her bike out of her parking spot.

Ha! I parked in the right spot!

As she was rolling it towards the exit to leave, she heard a voice coming from near the building.

Was I not the last one in the change room?

Thinking she probably heard wrong, she started rolling her bike forward when the voice got louder.

Shit! Shit! Shit! Wtf! Am I so tired I'm hearing voices?

Deciding to calm down and convincing herself it was probably a stray cat, she was about to take a step forward when she saw its lean shadow.

FUCK, NO! Even Leo's fat body wouldn't make a shadow that large!

Already shivering on her bike, she sent Jisoo a last goodbye message before deciding to make a break for it.

She turned on her bike which caused the shadow to move its head towards her direction.

The visual of its hair flying in the wind was getting Lisa to tear up.

Squinting her eyes as she was nearing it when she heard its voice making her lose all her composure.

. . . . . . . . .

Hope Lisa has fun with whatever that is 🏃‍♀️