Chapter 38: Party

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR MANOFOOT! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!" The whole room sang.

"Thanks gu-" 

The girls jumped to smash cake all over her face before Lisa could finish. 

"WE CAN START NOW!" Jeongyeon yelled to the crowd. 

They already planned a surprise party for Lisa a week ago. 

They skipped class and went out to eat for the morning and let the girls distract her while Jisoo excused herself to make sure that everything was ready.

"Come on, let's get you cleaned up and into new clothes." 

Jisoo smiled as she dragged Lisa who was grinning through the layers of cake on her face.

They walked to the room BM gave her the key to when Jisoo noticed someone walking behind them. 

She led Lisa to the washroom and told her she'll be back. 

Jisoo walked outside to see the girl that was following behind them.

"She liked you since she saw you on stage. Something about your voice and how you looked playing your guitar." Jisoo told Rosé who was now staring at her in surprise. 

"She disrupted class so she would end up at the StuCo office to see you and even signed us up for stupid volunteer work so she could work with you."

"It was my mistake to tell her to confess to you. We all thought you were straight and would reject her so she could move on. We didn't expect you would actually end up being friends."

"Lisa did come to ask you out on Valentine's day but you know what happened that day." Jisoo confirmed Rosé's suspicions.

"She planned to stop talking to you for a while so she could get over you but after seeing your reaction that night, she decided to stop talking to you forever so she doesn't make you uncomfortable." Rosé frowned. That wasn't her intention at all. 

"I don't know what you were thinking doing that at Lotteworld but Lisa's not someone you could toy with whenever you feel like it."

Rosé could see how much Jisoo cared for the younger girl. She couldn't help but hope she would treat Jennie the same.

"If you're not sure about your feelings, please don't give her hope." 

"I'm trusting you with her. I don't know what I'll do if I see that you hurt her. Especially on her birthday." Jisoo warned before leaving. 

Not sure if it was Jisoo's warning or her own nerves but she suddenly felt too scared to face Lisa.

Fortunately, she didn't have time to back out when she heard Lisa yell for Jisoo.

"Unnie, help me! I got soap in my eyes." 

Rosé rushed in to help Lisa wash her face properly. 

Lisa grabbed onto her, mistaking her for Jisoo. "Faster! It burns."

They walked over to the bed, so Lisa could sit down while Rosé grabbed a tissue to wipe her face.

"Hold still." Lisa was jumping on the bed like a little kid. 

"When did your voice get higher?" Lisa pulled her face away but Rosé pulled her back.

"Shh. Stay still." Lisa stayed frozen since she recognized that voice.

Once they were done, Lisa tried to dash out of the room but Rosé easily pulled her back by her hand.. 

"Since when did you get stronger?" Lisa asked, rubbing her wrist.