14 | breaking the news

Cam's POV.
The other day, I went with Briana to the doctor. It turns out that she actually is pregnant — six weeks to be exact. I know she's pretty upset, but I'm kinda happy. I mean, I know we're young, but I love her, and I'm glad she's the one carrying my child.

"So when should we tell everyone?" she asked, looking up from the sonogram.

"Well, my family's coming in on Sunday," I said, kissing her stomach. "How about then?"

"Okay."

I sat up so we were eye level, and she just looked at me while biting her lip. A small smile crept up on her face as she ran her thumb over my bottom lip.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked.

"You as a father," she said quietly, making me smile. "Do you want a boy or a girl?"

"I kinda want a boy," I said, "but then again, as long as it's healthy, I'll be happy."

She smiled again and kissed my lips, then curled into my side.

--+--

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sitting in the restaurant with my family, I patiently yet eagerly, waited for Briana and her grandparents. After five minutes, Briana walked in, holding Brooke, and her grandparents were right behind her.

"Hey, babe." She walked up to me and kissed my lips.

"Hi, Cam!" Brooke said with a big smile that mimicked Briana's.

"Hi Brooke," I smiled back, "can I have a hug?"

She jumped out of Briana's arms, into mine, and wrapped her arms around my neck. She's such a cute kid.

We introduced our families to each other, then sat down. I felt Briana's hand on my thigh and when I looked at her face, she looked nervous. I put my arm around her and kissed her temple.

"It's gonna be okay," I whispered in her ear.

She looked up at me and I gave her a reassuring smile.

"So Cam, Briana, what did you two want to tell us?" my mom asked.

Briana's grip on my thigh tightened, and she looked like she was about to throw up. There was no point in beating around the bush and since Briana couldn't say it, I decided to speak up for her.

"Mom, Dad, Mr. and Mrs. Smith," I paused for a second to look at their faces, "Briana's pregnant..."

Both my parents and her grandparents stared at us with their mouths slightly open. Caylin's eyes were so wide, I thought they'd roll out of his head.

"Pregnant?" her grandmother questioned.

"Bri, is this true?" her grandfather asked her.

She nodded while keeping her head down. A tear rolled down her cheek, so I wiped it away for her.

"Baby girl, look at me," he said.

She slowly looked up until she was looking at him, then she wiped her eyes.

"Why are you so upset?" he asked.

"Because I don't want Cam's parents to hate me, and I don't want y'all to be disappointed in me."

Her grandmother grabbed her hands over the table and looked into her eyes. "We could never be disappointed in you, honey. You've made us so proud, and you know we're gonna love you no matter what."

Briana smiled at her grandmother's words, then got up to hug her grandparents. I looked over at my mom, and she was bawling her eyes out. She loves stuff like this.

"Briana, come here," my mom said.

She timidly walked over to my mom and sat in the chair next to her. She whispered something to Briana, and Briana nodded & smiled as tears rolled down her cheeks. They both stood up and hugged, then Briana sat back down next to me.

"What were y'all talking about?" I asked her.

"She said they could never hate me, and basically I'm apart of y'all's family now. And she's glad I'm carrying her first grandchild."

I smiled down at her and kissed her lips, completely forgetting that our families were at the table.

"I told you there was nothing to worry about, baby girl."