3 | studying

Wednesday, September 8
5:40 p.m.

Cam's POV.
After practice, I went back to my dorm to take a shower and get ready for my study da—session with Briana.

I took a shower, put on my boxers & sweatpants, then got everything set up at the desk.

"Me, Onterrio and some other guys are goin' out tonight. You wanna come?" Michael asked while he got dressed.

"I can't. Briana's gonna come and help me study," I replied.

"Again?" he smirked.

"Yes, again."

"Are you sure y'all are only studying in here?" he asked.

"Don't you have somewhere to be?" I asked, trying to rush him out of the room.

"Alright, I'm goin'. But remember, wrap it before you tap it," he laughed, running out of the room.

I shook my head at my obnoxious roommate and lied down until Briana got here.

~

5:55 p.m.

Briana's POV.
I stepped out of the shower, dried my body and put on my bra & underwear before going into my room. I put on some shorts, a white v-neck and my blue converse.

In the middle of straightening my hair, Avery walked in.

"Hey Bri. You wanna go out with me & Morgan tonight?" she asked.

"I can't. I'm going to go study with Cam in a minute," I said, unplugging the straightener.

She looked at me and smirked as I put my prob & stat book in my book bag. "Studying with Cam? Again?"

"Yeah."

"You were with him for three hours on Monday, and yesterday you didn't get back here until ten o'clock. What's going on between you two?" she asked.

"Avery, it is not what you think," I laughed, "we have a test on Friday, and he said he needs some help."

"Mhm. Just be safe," she winked.

I opened the door and playfully rolled my eyes. "Bye, Avery."

I left the dorm and took the three minute walk to Cam's room.

--+--

I arrived outside of Cam's room and lightly knocked on the door. He opened the door, and I think I felt my jaw drop. He wasn't wearing a shirt, which made me mentally drool over him.

So that's what he's hiding under his jersey.

"Hey," he greeted me before biting his lip.

"H-hey," I stuttered.

He moved to the side so I could walk in, and I set my book bag by the desk.

"So should we get started?" I asked, trying to keep my eyes on his face.

"Yeah."

I sat down, and he sat next to me with his body facing me.

"Alright. Thi—"

"You look really pretty today," he said with a shy smile that made my cheeks get hot.

"Th-thank you," I said, tucking some hair behind my ear. "But uhh, pr—"

"How was your day?" he asked, cutting me off.

"We can't afford to get distracted again today, Cameron."

"Woah. What happened to calling me Cam?" he chuckled.

"I like the name Cameron," I said shyly.

"You do?"

"Yeah. I always said if I had a kid, I would name them Cameron," I said.

"We've only known each other for a couple days, and you've already named our kids?" he asked jokingly.

"Shut up," I laughed.

We stopped laughing long enough to get back to studying, but what he said next caught me off guard.

"Tell me about your family."

I set my pencil down and looked at him slowly. I didn't wanna talk about my family, so I turned it around on him.

"You're always asking me so many questions, so why don't you tell me about your family?" I asked, resting my chin on my hand.

He chuckled. "Well, I have an older brother, named Cecil, and a younger brother, named Caylin. We, along with our parents, get along very well. We're all really close, and I don't know what I'd do without them."

I'm so jealous of all the people that have a close relationship with their families. I wish I was that lucky.

"That's nice," I smiled.

"Your turn."

I took a deep breath and turned my body so I was facing him. "Well, I'm not so close with my parents. I have a little sister, who I love more than anything."

"What's her name and how old is she?"

"Her name is Brooke and she's two. She's the real reason I'm in college. I want to get my life together so she can live with me after I graduate."

"That's sweet," he smiled, "are you two really close?"

"Yeah. She's like a mini version of me."

"Then she must be a really cute kid," he said.

I looked up at him and he was smiling at his book. Man, he is cute.

"We uh, we should get back to studying," I said smiling.

We "studied" until I started getting a little tired and when I checked the time, it was 11:30.

"I should be going," I said, putting my stuff in my bag.

"Okay. See you tomorrow?" His voice was much deeper now that he's tired, and it may have been the sexiest thing I've ever heard.

I tiredly nodded and walked toward the door before he stopped me to give me a hug.

"Bye," he said, kissing the top of my head.

"Bye."

I left his room and slowly walked back to my dorm. I know I said I was tired, but I'm definitely not tired anymore.