2 | mondays aren't so bad.

Briana's POV.
I hate Mondays so much. I thought about not going to class today but when I don't go, I get confused.

I got up, did my hygiene thing and got dressed. I threw on some sweatpants, a white t-shirt & some shoes. I grabbed my book bag, my book & keys, then left my room to go to class.

--+--

I sat in my seat, aimlessly drawing on my binder as I waited for class to start. It was 8:00 and class doesn't start until 8:15, so I've got some time.

I was in the middle of drawing an "AU", when someone plopped in the seat in front of me. I looked up, and Cam was smiling at me.

"Hello, Miss Briana."

"Hello," I chuckled, "how are you today?"

"I'm pretty tired. How are you?"

"I'm a little tired too. I almost didn't come today."

"Well, I'm glad you did." He smiled, and I just noticed his dimples.

We were so busy talking, we didn't even notice that our professor had already walked in and started teaching.

"Cameron, Briana, do you have something you want to share with the rest of us?" she asked.

Cam looked at me and chuckled before turning around in his seat. "No ma'am."

I laughed silently and tried my best to pay attention for the next forty-five minutes.

--+--

After class was dismissed, I gathered my things and left, only to have Cam stop me in the hallway.

"So, do you understand anything she said in there?" he asked me.

"Yeah."

"Do you think you could help me?"

"Sure. When?" I asked as we walked out of the building.

"I was thinking maybe now, unless you have another class to go to."

"I'm free for the rest of the day, so I guess we could go to the library."

"Or, we could go to the student lounge," he suggested.

"Why there?"

"Because we won't have to whisper."

"Alright. I guess that makes sense."

We walked to the student lounge, found a table to sit at, and I opened my book so we could get started.

"Okay, so this is —"

"When's your birthday?" he asked randomly, catching me offguard. I looked up from my book, and he was staring at me.

"What does that have to do with frequency distribution?" I asked.

"I don't know," he laughed, "but seriously, when is it?"

"May 12."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Mine is May 11," he smirked, "maybe next year we could do something together."

Something about him was so enticing to me. I just couldn't put my finger on it.

"Maybe," I smiled, turning back to my book. "But right now, we should focus on math."

"How old are you?"

"Cam, I thought you said you wanted me to help you with homework?"

"You're right," he said, opening his book. "But I mean while we're on the subject, how old are you?"

I shook my head and laughed a little. "Nineteen."

"How are you a junior in college and the head cheerleader at nineteen years old?"

"I graduated high shool early so I could get away from my parents. And the cheerleader thing, I don't know. They voted and I won."

He simply smiled and nodded.

"Now do you still want help with your homework or are you gonna continue to ask me questions?"

"Oh yeah. Let's get started."

"Alright. Now, freq—"

"Where are you from?" he asked.

"Mobile," I said, keeping my eyes on the book.

"What made you chose Auburn over Alabama?" he asked curiously.

"I got a scholarship, and I wanted to get as far away from my parents as possible."

"How come?"

"That's a story for another time," I said, getting a pencil out of my book bag.

He smirked, and we were finally able to talk about math, but it didn't last long because every five minutes he had a different question for me.

"We've been in here for three hours and we barely got anything done," I said, propping my elbow up on the table.

"Well then, I guess we're just gonna have to do this again," he smirked, "we do have a test Friday, and I could use all the help I can get."

"Alright. When?" I asked, trying to hold back my smile.

"I may need you everyday this week."

"Everyday?"

"I really wanna do well on this test," he said, licking his lips.

I nervously chuckled and tucked some hair behind my ear. "Okay, then. Where & what time?"

"My room at 6:00."

"Your room?" I asked, making sure I heard him correctly.

"Yeah."

"Okay." I collected my stuff and got up to leave. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yes, you will."

I started to make my way out of the student lounge, and Cam followed after me.

"Let me walk you to your dorm," he said, slinging his book bag over his shoulder.

"Okay."

He put his arm around my shoulders as we walked to my dorm room. When we got outside my room, I took out my key and thanked him for walking with me.

"So, I'll see you tomorrow, right?" he asked, rocking back & forth.

"Yeah," I smiled.

He opened his arms for me to give him a hug, which shocked me a little, but I hugged him.

I reluctantly let him go and watched him walk out of the dorm. Once he was out of plain sight, I went in my room. Luckily, Avery wasn't here to see me smiling like a huge idiot.