Chapter 32: The Song

Annabeth POV

Of course, Percy's flight got canceled. Just my luck. 

I hadn't seen Percy in over two months. My schedule was so busy with rehearsals and moving to New York City. Percy was also busy with Kane Records and his new album. 

Over the past 6 months, he managed to fly out to visit me. However, our schedules weren't lining up recently. This weekend was a break for both of us, but now, he couldn't come. 

"Hi, Annabeth, are you okay?" Hestia asked. 

I looked over at my aunt. She came into the living room of our apartment with a mug of hot chocolate in her hand. I was living with my Aunt Hestia, who was a physical therapist. She was super sweet and comforting

"Yeah, I'm fine, Aunt Hestia. I'm just a little angry because Percy's flight got canceled due to bad weather," I said. 

"Aww, I'm sorry dear. Here's some hot chocolate," she expressed warmly. 

I took the warm drink from her. I really liked living in New York City with my aunt. Although I missed my dad and brothers, Hestia was much better than Helen. Even though I was busy, I still felt like I was being supervised and safeguarded. 

"So, what are you going to do now?" Hestia asked. 

I sighed because I didn't know. I was excited about spending time with my boyfriend, but that was gone now. I was feeling so sad. 

"I'll probably just practice my lines and songs for the Great Gatsby," I answered. 

"No, Annabeth, you've been doing so much work, and you deserve to take a break. Besides, you are well prepared for the show," Hestia said. 

"Yeah, but opening day is in a few weeks," I responded. 

The Great Gatsby was coming along fantastically. The show was going to be a real success. I loved my castmates. Some of them were very accomplished, and I admired their works. And, I was grateful that I could learn from them. 

Hestia sighed before checking the time. "Oh, I have to get to work Annabeth. Will you be all right tonight?" she asked. 

I smiled at my aunt. "Yes, Hestia, I'll be fine." 

As soon as Hestia left, I walked towards my room. I was upset, so I was going to distract myself with work. I had already memorized and perfected my lines and music. However, I didn't have any more work to do independently. 

Fortunately, a phone call saved me from a lousy few hours. 

"Hey, guys," I exclaimed as I answered facetime. 

"Annie, I'm so sorry that Percy's flight got canceled," Thalia said. "I feel so bad. I know that you were looking forward to seeing him." 

"Yeah, Annabeth, so sorry," Piper said. 

However, she was smiling brightly, which made no sense. 

"Pipes, you look so happy about it. Like, what the hell?" I said while laughing. 

"Nothing, uh, I'm just watching a youtube video," Piper stammered. However, I wasn't convinced. She was hiding something. 

"Piper, is everything all right?" I asked seriously. 

"Everything's fine, Annie," Thalia stated. "Oh, did you hear that Percy wrote a new song? It's amazing." 

"It's not a surprise for Percy to write a song," I said. I laid back on my bed. My hand was holding my phone up. I really enjoyed talking to my friends.