Chapter-2

Jay woke up early in the morning. He cried himself to sleep last night.

While he was thinking about his past, Rick replied him.

"I think we should talk about this tomorrow. You confessed me on my face, I should reply you like that too." Rick messaged this to Jay which he suddenly accepted. As he too wanted to see his reactions. Wanted him to confess face to face. "But, what if, he doesn't have any feelings for me. What if he will say no, in front of my friends." These were the thoughts stuck with him.
----
First bell rang when he reached at the uni main gate. He wanted to talk about this before their classes. But, as always, Jay was late. He lost his chance to know about Rick's feelings before class. Jay punched the boundary wall of uni, really hard, and walked inside. Security guard gave him a confused look.

Jay walked towards his class. He was afraid of Prof. Will's scolding. But he was glad that Rick was not in psychology major with him. Otherwise he got scolded everyday in front of him. And not to mention, he will kill his professor for insulting him in front of his crush. Indirectly, Rick saved Will, and didn't knew about this.

"Ohh! Welcome sir." Prof. Will said sarcastically. Jay rubbed his hand behind his neck and felt a little ashamed. "And what is the reason of the day?"

"Actually my bike got punctured, Sir." Jay gave him a fake excuse.

"As if you own a bike." Will rolled his eyes on him.

"How do you know?" Jay asked in shock.

"I know everything."

"Ofcourse. Devil knows everything." Jay mumbled. Loud enough to be heard by his professor.

"Huh?" Professor raised an eyebrow at him.

"Nothing. May I join now?" Jay asked.
Will asked him to get in with his hand gestures and started teaching.

Jay woke up with the ringing of the bell. He always sit on the back seat of the class. Never pays attention to the class. Yet scored highest marks. Everyone in the uni wanted to know how. He never cheated in exams. Or even class tests. He was surely a trouble maker but never did anything against his principles.

He got up and rushed towards canteen. It was the only time of the day when he and Rick both have no class to attend.

He reached canteen. Jay met his friends and walked towards Rick's friend group. He reached to their table but was unable to see Rick there. He asked his friends.

"Hey guys! Umm actually-"

"Yeah. Rick is waiting for you at the terrace. Go there." Jay wanted to ask the exact same question. But they already knew about this. And Rick told them to send Jay at the terrace.

"Thanks." Jay got flustered by this sudden reaction of his friends. But he assumed that Rick told them everything. He walked towards the canteen door to reach the terrace.

"Hey, Jay." One of the Rick's friend called him from behind. He turned back and saw Sam running towards him.

"Yeah." Jay asked once Sam was standing stable in front of Jay.

"I need a favour." Sam asked.

"Yes?"

"Please listen to him first and then decide by yourself. Okay. And don't overthink. He isn't like that now." Sam told him. Jay wanted to ask what he meant by this. But Sam patted his shoulder and asked him to go to the terrace.
----
Jay opened the terrace door. A squeaked sound startled Rick. But he didn't bothered to turn from where he was sitting. He already knew who it was. Rick was sitting on a bench, nervously, facing the railing of the terrace. It was a sunny day.

Jay sat beside Rick. And Rick gave him a sweet smile which melts his heart. He wanted to kiss him at the moment. But he can't. He wanted to make him his boyfriend first. Then he'll think about these things. But suddenly a scene clicked his mind. The canteen conversation between him and Sam.

"Hi." Rick initiated the conversation.

"Hey. Hi." Jay was really nervous at that moment. He cursed him inside his head for using two synonyms of hello to greet him.

"Don't be nervous." Rick comforted him.

"Yeah, sure."

"Rick, I wanted to ask you something."

"What?" Rick asked. He saw the confused look on the youngers face.

"Sam approached me in the canteen when I was looking for you and-" Jay started. "He said I should listen to you first and not overthink and stuff. What was that?"

"Ohh!" Rick looked down at his knees. "So he told you."

"Told me? What?" Jay wasn't confused at the moment is an understatement. He was confused as hell. He always saw Rick with books or stressed about studies. But never saw him this sad.

"You wanted to know my answer, right?" Jay nodded.

"Look, Jay. Before you know my answer, you should know me better." Rick took Jay's hands in his own and caressed his hands. He looked on their hands instead of his eyes. He was tensed about what he was going to do. And also he was afraid of Jay's reaction. What if Jay too leave him like others did. In this uni, Sam was the only one who knows everything about him. And now, Jay would also get to know. Rick loved him and that's why he decided to speak the truth before any commitment. But still he was afraid.

"Know..." Jay asked confusingly. "Know you better?"

"Yes. Know me better. My story. My past." Rick stuttered while a tear rolled down his eyes.