Chapter 19

"Dad, please let him go, please." He burst into tears. He joined his hands in front of his dad and fell on his knees. He was crying literally harder than all of us. He was in guilt. He realised what he did was a pure betrayal.

Joe's request did some effects on his dad. His wicked, evil smile disappeared. He had a blank face now. He was just looking down at his son, while Joe was still on his knees. I wasn't up for any type of family drama now, so I just stared at the wall across the room. I suddenly heard a gasp. I looked down and saw Joe's dad was kneeling in front of him and grabbed him by his shoulders. He suddenly hugged him.

"Son, he's a criminal. We need to do this to him. It is for his own good." He said in a very calming tone.

"D-dad please. Please let him go, please." He cried harder. Officer's facial expressions soften looking at his son's state. Joe was extremely guilty about what he did.

"B-but-"

"Please." Joe looked up at him with his wet eyes.

"Let him go." Everybody in the room looked at the officer in awe. The other officers still held me by my arm and didn't even loosen the grip.

"I said let him go." He said sternly.

They finally set me free. I walked towards dads. They didn't even cared to look at me.

"You both-" He pointed towards my parents. "come with me. We need to complete some formalities." He stood up and helped Joe in standing up too. He made Joe sit on the benches and he himself went to his desk.

Dads followed him. He took out some papers where he asked for dad's signature. Dad signed all the papers. They all were talking in a low voice. It wasn't audible to any of us except for them three. Officer called Lisa's mother too. She approached and signed the same papers that dad signed. Dady took out some money from his wallet and handed over to the officer. Lisa's mother did the same. All the other parents were just standing there.

After all the formalities, officer asked us to dismiss and warned me and Lisa to not to be seen together ever again. We nodded and left with our parents.

The ride to home was really hard. The atmosphere was completely silenced. Not a single sound was there. I didn't want to stay there in silence. But I had no option. I was just sitting on the back seat of the car. Dady was driving the car and dad was sitting on the passenger seat.

After half an hour, we reached home. I hopped out of the car first. And was walking towards the home. Dads got out of the car after me. I was waiting on the front door for dad to unlock the door.

"Rick, you just wait here. I'll be back in a minute." Dad unlocked the gate and entered the house. Dady and I was waiting on the main door. I was standing with my head hung low and dady was standing few metres away from me. The atmosphere was unfamiliar. I didn't want to stop there. I just wanted to get into my room and lie on my bed for days.

The shuffling of items from inside the house filled the silenced air. I was just wondering as to why dad stopped me on the front door. I was fidgeting at my place.

"Rick-" Dad came out of the door and called me. I looked at him. The ground slipped under my feet as soon as I saw him. He was standing there with two bags in his hands and a stern, straight look on his face.

"D-dad wha-"

"You are not going to live with us anymore, Rick." Dad announced. I was shocked was an understatement according to the situation. I already knew that I was going to be punished. But getting homeless was the least I could ever expect. My own dads were going to abandon me like that.