Chapter 3

4 years ago

I wasn't shy and nerd back then in high school. I had a huge friend's group. All the teachers knew me by name. Not because I was a good scorer, but because I was the reason that other students too never scored good. Yeah, I was the trouble maker in my school.

"I'm sure you will get detention soon. And with no respect, I'm warning you I will not help you." Kim said in an irritated tone.

"You don't have to help me. You will be in trouble with me." I scared him a bit more.

"But why the hell are we doing this? What's the point in putting a rubber lizard in teacher's bag." Kim whispered in my ear so that teacher can't hear our conversation.

"You know what she did with me yesterday. I need a revenge. And she hates lizard"

"She punished you because you didn't submit your homework." Kim rolled his eyes on me. As if I care.

"Fine, fine. Now shut up otherwise she'll throw us out of the class and I don't want to miss her reactions."

We both sat on the last bench as always. He was scared as hell. I don't know why. He should have gotten used to it by now. He even hid his face with his hands. I was just looking at him hopelessly.

And it was the time for action. The third bell rang and teacher was about to open her bag to put her stuff inside the bag. Only because of this moment, I was widely awake for the whole time, for the first time.

She opened her bag and suddenly jumped two steps back. She was about to fall off but she saved herself from falling. She threw her bag on the ground and started shouting. The rubber lizard fell from her bag. She payed attention to that lizard and realised it was the fake one. She gave me a death stare. Ofcourse she knew who did this. But was tired of me. She left class silently. I was laughing and Kim gave me a smack on my head.

It was the least I did with anyone. But she was a teacher. So I have to compromise with that only.

My friends were so done with my mischievous activities. But they do love me. They were the real friends I had. We were seven. And we were really inseparable. We were like one soul, seven bodies when together. Mark, Joe, Brad, Andrew, Jack and Kim. Mark and Brad were older than all of us. Andrew, Joe and Jack were from other class. And Kim and I were from same class. Kim was my best friend since childhood. He was my soulmate, the one whom I can trust blindly.

----

We were all sitting in the canteen. Eating our lunch. Kim recite the whole incident to everyone. They all first gave me an annoyed look, then started laughing. They were so done with me but at the same time enjoyed the things I did.

"Hey." Andrew was looking at his phone and suddenly shouted.

"What, bitch? Don't scare the hell out of us like this." Jack punched him at the back. Andrew whined but ignored him. He was excited and we wondered why.

"We are too young to die with a heart attack." Joe said. He was sleepy as always.

"Fuckers, we almost forgot about Christmas." Andrew shouted.

"Oh shit!" We all said in unison.

"We almost forgot." I said.

"You better not, Rick. It's your turn to organise the party."

"Umm.... ofcourse Andrew. I k-know it's my turn."

"You forgot, righ-" Andrew was about to scold me but luckily school bell rang and saved the poor me and we all started leaving for our classes. First among them was me to leave the canteen. I ran for my life.