¹⁹.-𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞

"Jesus

"Jesus." Zoya rubbed her eyes, sitting on the edge of the water.

"They still hurt?" Peeta looked her way, standing above her as he collected water from the tree.

"Feels like I stuck my face in a bowl of imitated nightlock." Zoya said honestly, splashing water on her blood shot eyes. She looked over, seeing Peeta's questionable face. "It's a really hot spice that people use on their food while watching the games."

"Oh." Peeta nodded. "Speaking of..."

"I think i'm pretty much done." Zoya nodded, mixing the nightlock juice in the water he got for her. "I just don't know if anyone is near us to send it off."

"I doubt it, this deep in the jungle." he nodded his head honestly, making Zoya stand to her feet. "We'll take it with us."

She leaned against the tree, eyeing the red marks on his face from the fog. "So....how's your Hunger Games going?"

Peeta rose his eyebrows at her, cracking a grin. "What...is this small talk for you?"

"I could casually ask you what it's like not knowing how to swim or having one leg." Zoya rose a knowing eyebrow. "This is me being nice and considerate."

"Aw, how sweet of you." he said back sarcastically, shaking his head slightly. "My Hunger Games is going all right. Aside from almost drowning, dying for a few seconds, getting burnt by fog, and watching the love of my life almost get swallowed by the fog."

Zoya placed a hand on her heart. "I had no clue you felt that way about Finnick."

Peeta laughed, flicking some water her way as Zoya grinned, shaking her head. "No, but, i'm glad Katniss is okay."

Peeta stared at her, because they both knew he was not talking about Katniss. "Me too."

"Peeta, Zoya." Katniss' voice had the two looked over at her in sync. "Walk over here slowly."

A chill went through Zoya, looking to Peeta just as a large monkey roared in his face. Her eyes widened, pulling him slightly as the two crept backwards toward the two by the water. Zoya looked around as the monkeys swarmed them, all roaring and whining. Katniss hesitated. "Get to the beach."

"The movement will startle them." Zoya said in return, holding her knife close to her chest.

"Do we have a choice?" Katniss asked, aiming her bow toward one that was roaring at her. One of the monkeys lunged forward, nearly taking Katniss down before Finnick stabbed it with his trident.

"Peeta, get over here!" Zoya called, noticing how close to the tree he was. She latched onto his hand, a monkey lunging toward as she shoved her blade into the bottom of its neck, stumbling backwards at it's weight, but had it killed. Peeta yanked her up in no time, the pair keeping the ones away while Finnick and Katniss had a more weapon advantage. Zoya ducked down when one lunged for her, Peeta stabbed it with his machete before it had the chance to grab her. They latched onto each other. "We gotta get to the beach!"