³⁰.-𝐈 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐲𝐨𝐮

Zoya wasn't completely sure how she ended up at some random tiger-ladies apartment

Zoya wasn't completely sure how she ended up at some random tiger-ladies apartment. She couldn't remember what happened between the space from leaving the tunnels to now. Peeta rubbed the side of her face, her head leaned against him. Roz watched her in worry, fear that she was slipping away again. She was, Zoya knew she was. She was going back and forth from reality to the plain white room.

Katniss kneeled infront of Zoya after the hatch closed, the group under the basement now. Polux cried in Cresidas arms. Katniss cupped Zoya face. "Look at me. You're still here."

Zoya stared into her eyes as she blinked, nodding her head. Katniss frowned. "I am so sorry, Zoya."

Zoya looked down with a small head shake. "I don't think I can do this anymore, Katniss."

Peeta nodded to Katniss, letting her go to Roz. He took her place, leaning down some to hold her face. "Z. Look at me."

She moved her gaze up, meeting his eye. Peeta nodded his head. "Non of this is fair. And i'm sorry all this is happening. But you have to hold on just a little longer, okay? It'll be done and things will be better. I promise."

"It won't be better without him." her voice broke as her lip trembled.

"Can I ask you something?" he nodded to her. "You told me that when you met Finnick, he was the reason you continued to live. Do you think he'd want that to change?"

"What does it matter now? He's gone." she shook her head, not understanding anything Peeta was trying to stay.

"He's not gone." he promised her. "He is with you, always. And I know that he believed in you more then he ever believed in anyone else. Finnick would want you to keep going. I want you to keep going."

Zoya leaned in so her forehead pressed against his shoulder, he wrapped his arms around her.

"I made it up." Katniss' voice rung. "All of it. There is no special mission from Coin. Only my plan. Everyone that's dead is dead because of me. I...I lied."

"We know. We all knew." Cressida said in return, tending to Gales wound. Roz rubbed Katniss' back from how she stood.

"The soldiers from thirteen?" Katniss looked in confusion.

"They knew too." she nodded her head. "Do you really think that Jackson believed that you had orders from Coin? She trusted Boggs and he clearly wanted you to go on."

Katniss looked like she was holding back tears. "I never meant for this to happen. I failed, I-I killed them- I killed them- I killed Finnick. I'm sorry, Pollux."

Zoya squeezed the bridge of her nose as she looked down, Peeta leaned against her to try and provide as much comfort as he could. He took a moment before leaning off his lover. "Glimmer. Marvel. Maggs. Clove. Wiress. Rue. What do all those deaths mean? They mean that our lives were never ours. There was no real life because we didn't have any choice. Our lives belonged to Snow and our deaths do too. But if you kill him, Katniss, if you end all of this, all those deaths, they mean something. Cinna. Boggs. Caster. Jackson. Finnick. They chose this. They chose you."