5

For a moment Shang JunLin stared at Shen Yu with obscure eyes, but didn't say anything.

There was no doubt that Shen Yu was extremely good-looking. After all, he was famous for his beauty throughout the capital. Against the crimson backdrop of the bed quilt his fair face was even more enticing, and now this beauty in red was seated on the bed, his gaze glowing with affection, as if the man before him was the only one who could enter his eyes and his heart. Absolutely anyone would be moved.

The air pressure around Shen Yu was dropping lower and lower, but he seemed unaware of it. He laughed and pulled the hand of the emperor in black. "Your Majesty, it's time to sleep."

Hearing this, the palace attendants around them bowed their heads lower and lower. Meng Gonggong, who stood beside the emperor to wait on him, didn't dare look up. He sighed to himself. The young master of the Shen family was so brave.

It had been more than ten years since Shang JunLin ascended the throne. After leading the iron cavalry to retake the empire, his actions became more and more violent. There were rumors that the emperor had killed his own father and brothers, and wrongfully took the throne. Of course, under the suppression of brutal force, no one dared to spread such rumors except in private.

Shen Yu glanced at the shivering palace servants. His hand was already touching the emperor's. In two lifetimes he'd never been this close to such a beautiful man, but Shen Yu also viewed it as a test. He touched the man's hand lightly but was ready to withdraw. Then, to his surprise, the emperor took his wrist.

Shen Yu struggled but couldn't break free. Puzzled, he looked at the man.

"Didn't you say it's time to sleep?" Shang JunLin waved his hand. "Everyone, dismissed."

The red candles were burning, and in the twinkling of an eye only two people remained in the room, one seated, one standing.

As the emperor in black stared at him, Shen Yu couldn't help but feel a little panic. He didn't actually want to do it, right? Shen Yu had entered the palace because this man wasn't interested in beauties. He didn't want to get involved with him, OK?

The next moment, Shang JunLin suddenly leaned in. Startled, Shen Yu backed up.

Shang JunLin paused. "It seems the rumors are untrue. The eldest son of the Zhenbei Marquis' family is not at all..." a gentleman.

Shen Yu, the eldest son of the Zhenbei Marquis, was beautiful, noble, and elegant, a paragon beyond the dreams of countless people. But now that the actual person was before him, Shang JunLin discovered how greatly the rumors paled before the reality.

Shen Yu was confused, but then he remembered he was his current self, not the flattering sycophant everyone talked about ten years later in his previous life. In this life he hadn't gotten involved with Shang JunYue. He still had a sparkling reputation.

It made him a little nostalgic.

Shen Yu glanced at the other man to make sure he wasn't sexually aroused, and breathed a sigh of relief.

"Then, which does Your Majesty prefer, me as I am now, or the me in the rumors?"

Shang JunLin didn't answer. He looked at Shen Yu's face carefully. The rumors were not entirely untrue. Regarding Shen Yu's appearance, in fact, they were completely accurate.

Shang JunLin let go of Shen Yu's hand and stepped back. "This emperor thinks Noble Monarch Shen has a remarkably thick face."

Shen Yu responded with a smile. "As long as Your Majesty likes it, does it matter if my face is thick?"