33

The body so close to his was hot and powerful. Even through several layers of clothes he could feel its forceful strength.

This wasn't the first time Shen Yu and Shang JunLin had such intimate contact, but it was never this torturous and difficult.

The man's aggressive aura was extremely heavy, pressing against him vigorously. Shen Yu had no doubt this man might really devour him.

"How can Your Majesty compare yourself to others? Few people in the world can compare with Your Majesty, let alone the mere King of Yue."

"Ha." Shang JunLin let out a stifled laugh from his chest. "This emperor didn't know I had so much weight in the noble monarch's heart."

"Your Majesty is naturally the most important person in my heart," Shen Yu said.

"Did the noble monarch smear your lips with honey? Let this emperor have a taste. Why are your words so sweet?"

Shang JunLin started to lower his head, and Shen Yu hurriedly stretched out his hand to block him. "Your Majesty, how can you wrong me? It's clear that my words come from my heart."

Shang JunLin also didn't force it. He retreated a little. "The noble monarch has learned so well. How many people have you practiced with?"

Shen Yu wasn't willing to show weakness. "Then I should also ask Your Majesty how you knew what that ointment is for."

"The noble monarch is really..." Shang JunLin laughed in spite of himself. "Didn't the aunts teach the noble monarch about this before you entered the palace?"

Knowing that Shang JunLin was going to marry the son of the Zhenbei Marquis, the aunts in the palace sent Shang JunLin a booklet on how men do such things. With it was some of the ointment made for the imperial family.

After Shen Yu entered the palace, the imperial hospital sent over additional bottles one after another. Whenever Imperial Physician Gu reported Shen Yu's condition, he repeatedly told Shang JunLin not to be too fierce, because Shen Yu's body wasn't able to endure it for now.

When Shang JunLin ordered Shen Yu to enter the harem, he initially didn't have any other thoughts. He was tired of the endless arguing of his ministers and randomly agreed. If it was anyone but Shen Yu who entered the palace, they would have ended up placed in a random hall to fend for themselves.

"The people sent by the Zhenbei Marquis talked too much nonsense. I couldn't be bothered to listen, so I drove them out. The people from Your Majesty didn't say much. They just served in silence...." Shen Yu described the situation.

It really wasn't his fault. At the time, he'd just been reborn. It took several days to digest the fact of his rebirth, not to mention he needed to ask a lot of questions to refresh his memory about what had happened by that point.

After all, a lot of things could happen in ten years. There was a huge information gap between Shen Yu of nearly thirty and Shen Yu of less than twenty.

Not only that, he had to deal with Shen QingRan and his mother.

All sorts of things piled up together, and Shen Yu simply ignored the less important ones.

In his previous life, Shen Yu's health was much worse than it was now. He never had particularly close contact with the King of Yue. Because of his health, he wasn't interested in that kind of thing at all, which led to his embarrassing mistake about the ointment.

Shang JunLin understood. "So, the noble monarch wasn't intentionally trying to joke with this emperor?"

Shen Yu was truly wronged. He really hadn't known. However, after he found out, he didn't stop—because he wanted to see His Majesty blush.