Chapter 11: Reinforced Rivalry

/11/
Reinforced Rivalry

---

THE CORRIDOR in the senior high building of the academe looked more like a scene of the crime in a murder case, instead of a regular hallway in a private high school

"Castillians, we once again would like to respectfully ask you all to move aside," Quinn ordered as he placed the last of the yellow barricade tape on the hallway, instructing his fellow students to use the other corridor leading to the cafeteria instead.

"Isn't this a bit too much?" Queenie frowned to Ann who was surveying the scene, trying to calculate their next move. "Baka mas lalong magpanic 'yung student body."

"Well, we have no choice," Sera gritted as she ripped the last of the tape from its roll using her teeth, connecting it to the ones that Quinn had put up. "Kailangan natin ng barricade para hindi ma-contaminate yung scene. Also, we have to check the walls for prints pa."

Napatango naman si Ann, pushing back strands of her short behind her ear. "Sera's right. Besides, temporary lang naman 'to. We'll have to contact the OCP, the administrators, and communicate with the student council. And then of course we'll have to deal with the press."

"Speaking of the devil," Queenie muttered, pointing behind Ann using her lips. Agad na lumingon ang dalaga, only to be greeted by a flash of the camera. 

"We're only going to repeat the question once, Briden," seryosong sambit ni Rein kay Briden Armeda na napakamot muli ng ulo.

While Ann and the others were dealing with the crime scene, he, along with Jarrell, had situated themselves to one corner of the hallway to interview their first primary suspect. Rein had a serious look on his face, one which Jarrell recognized was an expression he only used whenever the scenario needed it.

"Again, Briden. Nasa'n ka between the times of yesterday and last night?" the Maccio heir repeated the question out loud. May iilan pa ring mga Castillians na naiwan para panoorin ang mga Campus Sleuths in action, other girls giddily watching Rein use his authoritative tone to question their batchmate.

Briden however, blew out a frustrated breath. Jarrell, who was by Rein's side, stared at the Armeda boy from top to bottom. He had his Castillian uniform all over the place, with his polo shirt unbuttoned and his red necktie nowhere to be found — the kind of messy, laid-back outfit that graffiti street painters usually donned, making him look more guilty than he was.

"I told you, nasa dorm nga lang! Ask Javier—check the CCTV for all I care!" inis na sabi nito before throwing his hands up in the air.

Tinitigan ni Rein ang binata, trying to study Briden's non-verbal cues. This caused Briden to nervously sweat under Rein's gaze, feeling like he was in the police station being interrogated under the light of a lamp.