Chapter 7: Enduring the System

/7/
Enduring the System

---

THE SHADOWS of the old buildings in Castillo High began to stretch onto the campus grounds as the sun set slowly under the horizon's line

THE SHADOWS of the old buildings in Castillo High began to stretch onto the campus grounds as the sun set slowly under the horizon's line. Iilan nalang ang mga estudyanteng nasa fields habang naglalakad pabalik sa kanilang dormitory buildings ang anim na Campus Sleuths, visibly worried after their bump in with the student council president himself.

"Ann, what are we going to do?" Sera whispered worriedly to the Lobris girl who was walking briskly, hugging her folder and organizers.

Diretso lamang ang tingin ng dalaga na para bang nasa malayo ang iniisip.

Queenie too was catching up beside Ann, a hand on her duffel bag as she looked at her with the same look of concern.

"Sang lupalop ba ineexpect ni Enzo na makakakuha tayo ng active case? It's not like we can conjure a culprit out of thin air," the spectacled-eyed girl said, trying to make her sprints longer para makasabay ang dalawang kaibigan.

Right behind the girls were Jarrell and Quinn who were also talking both at once.

"Ann, look, pwede naman nating tanggapin yung isang case na may missing wallet habang naghihintay tayo ng mas maayos na case," Quinn offered from behind, but Jarrell stretched out his arm and placed a hand on his friend's chest signaling him to sh...

"Ann, look, pwede naman nating tanggapin yung isang case na may missing wallet habang naghihintay tayo ng mas maayos na case," Quinn offered from behind, but Jarrell stretched out his arm and placed a hand on his friend's chest signaling him to shut up.

"Pre sobrang nakakahiya sa buong student body kung magiging taga-hanap lang tayo ng mga nawawalang bagay. Edi sana hindi na tayo ginawang Campus Sleuths!" Jarrell reminded him, causing Quinn to sigh out loud while flailing his arms.

Sa likod ng lima ay makikita si Rein na naglalakad — merely a few steps behind them. His hands were in his pockets as he quietly observed the group, eyes focusing mostly on the rigid way that Ann squared her shoulders as she walked, as if she was on the brink of thin ice.

"Oh she's going to blow," Rein breathed out to himself, counting down inside his head.

"Then what the hell do you suggest we do Jarre—"