Chapter 9: Three Fits the Puzzle

/9/
Three Fits the Puzzle

---

ELYSIA COULDN'T tear her gaze away from the paper on top of her desk

It was the same piece of paper that Enzo had given to her that afternoon, its texture stretched and crumpled open, bearing a secret message that the feature writer had already deciphered hours ago.

--/•/•/- --/• ••/-• -/••••/• •-••/••/-•••/•-•/•-/•-•/-•-- •-/- --/••/-••/-•/••/--•/••••/-

-••/••/•••/•--•/---/•••/• •-/••-•/-/•/•-• •-•/•/•-/-••/••/-•/--•

It was raining again outside, raindrops racing down her window pane as she stared at the group of dots and dashes, as well as the decoded message she had written on the bottom of the paper.

She couldn't help but smile to herself. When they were still in grade ten, their professor in computer taught them morse code, simply because they needed to learn it for their robotics topic. She was glad to know that she still remembered a thing or two from that past lesson.

"Meet me in the library at midnight. Dispose after reading," she repeated the coded message, spinning the pencil in her hand before scoffing.

"Only a nerd would write something like this," sambit ng dalaga, not fathoming why on earth the student council president himself would write a coded message telling her to meet him in a secluded place alone, and at an ungodly hour. Besides, midnight was way past the students' curfew.

"He wouldn't dare force me to break a rule in the student handbook, right?" bulong nito sa sarili.

Before she could further decide whether to push through with Enzo's instructions, bigla namang bumukas ang pintuan ng dormitory room at pumasok ang kaniyang kaibigan.

"Phew!" Ashley groaned as she shook herself out of her wet raincoat, hanging the clothing by the tree style rack next to their door. "Muntik na mabasa camera ko!"

"Ash!" Gulat na sabi ni Elysia immediately crumpling the note and tucking it in her pocket. "Ba't 'di ka nagdala ng payong??"

"Nakalimutan ko dito sa dorm," reklamo ng kaniyang kaibigan na dumiretso agad sa banyo para maligo. "Musta ka, parang ang lalim ng iniisip mo?" Ashley called out to her from inside the bathroom.

"Well," Elysia muttered, fidgeting with her pajamas. "None of my articles made it to our print issue today."

Agad na tumakbo palabas ng banyo si Ashley, dala-dala ang towel nito. "ANO?!" Sigaw ng dalaga, her hair wet from the rain.

Elysia shook her head and pulled out the folded issue that Keira had shown her earlier in the office, giving it to Ashley who immediately flipped through the pages.