Chapter 8: The King's First Move

/8/
The King's First Move

---

RAINDROPS SLIPPED down the fabric of the student council president's umbrella as he walked past the different gardens that surrounded the campus grounds

RAINDROPS SLIPPED down the fabric of the student council president's umbrella as he walked past the different gardens that surrounded the campus grounds. August has always been a gloomy month throughout the country, blessing the grass with water puddles for children to jump into, and cloudy skies perfect for afternoon walks.

It was always this particular period where Enzo could feel time blur past him. With both school work and council work piled up on his desk, and his mind always preoccupied with exceeding Keira, August slipped away into a moment in time — jarring enough for him to realize that it was already the end of the first month of school.

This meant he had been working with Keira for almost three weeks.

The thought made him want to double over. It wasn't like he wasn't doing anything to kick her out of the council. Mas nananaig lang talaga ang mga responsibilidad nito kaya hindi niya napaglalaan ng oras ang plano na patalsikin si Keira.

Even today was another busy day as he closed his wet umbrella and walked up the steps to the main building, shaking his slightly damp hair. 

Agad na dumiretso ito papunta sa student council office, using the large umbrella as a sort of cane that made him look like he was an Englishman detective. But instead of entering the Scotland Yard, he found himself entering his supposed lair — one that was occupied by the queen of snakes herself.

"Good morning, Enzo," bati ni Althea Fuentes, ang secretary ng council na nag-aayos ng cabinet sa gilid. Around the place, most officers were scampering around and cleaning the room in anticipation for their visitor who would be arriving this morning.

"Morning officers," bati pabalik ng binata, placing the black umbrella in the corner rack. He mentally took note of everyone cleaning, frowning when he couldn't seem to spot his foe.

"Where is she?" yamot nitong tanong kay Francesca at Yenna na dumaan, the latter holding the broom.

The PRO let out a scoff. "Where else?"

"Probably ransacking your office and dreaming it as hers," Yenna, who had won as the grade eleven batch representative, remarked before the two girls headed further inside the cubicles.

Horrified, Enzo immediately sprinted to his office, bursting into its entrance only to see Keira holding out the nameplate "president" that was sitting on his desk.

"Our dearest president!" Keira grinned, brandishing the nameplate. "Missed me already?"

"Put that down and get out of my office," Enzo said irritably, shutting the door behind him.

"You know, I think it's kind of unfair that only the president has his own personal room in the student council headquarters," Keira frowned, folding her arms and tapping a finger on her right cheek as if in thought.