* 3 *

—•—

——

— Finnick's pov —

"Finnick Odair is dead to me."

Her voice went through the cafeteria all eyes fell on me as people yelled at her.

"Finnick you can't take that personally." "That's not Cypress Katniss. Their changing her. She would have never said that." "I know." Katniss put her hand on my shoulder.

Her fingers landed on the cold chain wrapped around my neck.

"I can tell she misses this." I grabbed her necklace. I watched the interview she kept touching her neck waiting for the cold chain to appear.

"How'd you get that anyway?" "I don't know. It sorta just showed up. I hate this Katniss. Look at her, that's not the Cypress I know and love. We need to get them out."

"I'm working on it." "How's Roland?" "I don't know. Coin says it's not a good idea for anyone to see him."

"What do you think their doing to them in the Capital?" "I don't think I want to know."

— Cypress' pov —

"Finnick, alive. Roland, alive. Katniss, alive. Me, dead/alive." I paced back and fourth in my room. They took Peeta away I fidget as he's gone.

"Caesar said Katniss was the face of the rebellion, how is she the face when she's dead?" I ran to my bathroom and splashed my face with cold water.

"Finnick, alive. Roland, alive. Katniss, alive. Johanna, hopefully alive. Annie, hopefully alive." I repeated again.

My memory is getting messed up. One second Caesar is telling me Katniss is alive but when I first woke up I saw terrible video of her death.

"I'm Cypress Bennett I'm alive."

"Finnick." It sounded funny when I said his name. Almost like I've never said it before.

"You and Peeta were the only ones able to survive the games. Johanna is also here but she is in critical condition."

"Dead... Alive?"

"Roland."

"You and Peeta were the only ones able to survive the games. Johanna is also here but she is in critical condition."

"Dead... Alive?"

"Johanna."

"You and Peeta were the only ones able to survive the games."

"Possibly dead?"

"Beetee."

"You and Peeta were the only ones able to survive the games. Johanna is also here but she is in critical condition."

"Dead... Alive?"

I stared at myself in the mirror my hands gripped the counter.

"Cypress Bennett the winner of the 70th hunger games... Dead."

How am I supposed to be the face of reason when I don't know if I'm for or against the rebel.

"Finnick Odair." I know his name means something to me I need to remember. "Blonde hair, sea green eyes, and the most charming smile anyone can have." I need to remember.

"Finnick Odair. Brunette? Blonde. Blue eyes? Green. Smile... What is his smile? Does he show teeth?" I gripped my hair as if pulling it would bring the answers.

"Finnick Odair... Dead."

I sat on the ground my head resting on the bathtub.

"Finnick." I lightly banged the back of my head on the tub. "Odair." I did the same motion. "Is. Dead."

Tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Who's Finnick? Why do I care so much for him? Who is he? Finnick? Odair? Unknown." My door opened to my bed room.

"Cypress." I recognize Peeta's voice instantly. Would I recognize Finnick's if he spoke?

"Are you alright?" I asked as I rushed to him. "I'm fine." He smiled.

Does Finnick's smile look like his?

"Peeta, who's Finnick?" Peeta slightly laughed at my question until he realized I was being serious.

"Cypress, seriously?" "I can't remember, his name has some sorta meaning to me but for some reason I can't remember." "You love him."

My heart shattered. I can't remember the man I love.

"No, that's not it. I love someone else."

"Who?"

"I believe, I believe his name is Atom. Spelt
A T O M. Yes." I smiled. "Thats who." "Cypress?" "Atom. Atom. Atom." I continued to say.

"Yep, that's the man I love. Anyway, how was Snow?" "I did an interview for Caesar. He gave me this rose." "How lovely roses are Snows favorites."

He nodded and looked at me skeptically. "I'm gonna go get changed. Bye." "Bye Peeta!" He nodded awkwardly and walked away.

"Peeta, alive and well."

Once Peeta left I sat on my bed. I moved my hands back and fourth on the soft fabric. My door opened fast I thought it was Peeta again but it wasn't.

Five peacekeepers rushed in and grabbed me before I could do or say anything I passed out.

— Third Pov —

Cypress laid in a cell like contraption. Doctors and peacekeepers surrounded her.

"Don't touch her!" Johanna yelled. One of the peacekeepers pressed a button making Johanna get shocked.

"Johanna, let them work." "Shut up Annie! What are you doing to her?" Another serge of electricity went through her, she took the pain watching them stick needles into her best friend is much more painful.

Doctors worked on getting rid of Cypress' memory. They started with small steps but now they need it to speed up.

Peeta is being injected with JabberJay venom. Cypress is being injected with a new medicine. Blebbistatin.

Blebbistatin will kill any memory of Finnick Odair.

Finnick Odair will mean nothing too her.

—•—