* 9 *

—•—

——

"Roland? What happened to Lilac?" "I don't know." "Do you think she's alive?" "I want to, but we have to live in the reality of things." I nodded along as I wrote in my journal.

"What was the capitol like?" He asked out of no where. "It was actually pretty okay. Up until Katniss sang the hanging tree. I had my own room, Peeta and I were nervous to sleep alone so we pushed the couch over to my bed, he slept on the couch and I took the bed."

"Did they play any... Videos?" "Why are you asking?" "No reason, I just want to know how much I need to hate the Capitol." He looked off to the side nervously.

"Well, they killed B... People so I would hate them." "Yeah, but, you know." "Roland what's the point in this?" He looked to the side again. We are the only ones in this room, I looked to the side and no one was there.

"I just want to know what they did to you Cypress." I stared at him for a second. He looked nervous.

"They showed me a video of my mothers death. I knew the Capitol had something to do with it but I didn't know exactly what, now I do and that doesn't bring me comfort." "Is that all?"

Why is he pushing so much?

"They also showed me videos of the games." "The quarter quell?" "Yes, and I guess since you want to know all of it. There was this blonde who would always stand next to me but he faded away. And videos from mine."

Roland waved his hands in the air cutting me off.

"Who? A blonde?" "Yes?" "Cypress is there anything else? Think!" "I don't know, I was always injected with things. Like, oh, I was outside with Snow walking in the garden I asked him a question about... someone, or, something. He didn't like what I said and injected me with something... Blebbistatin I believe. That's why I don't like needles, it felt like every second a new thing pierced my skin and a warm liquid entered my veins."

The metal door opened up to the room we were in, Beetee and Heavensbee walked in.

"Hello." "I'm sorry Cypress." Roland got up from his seat. "What?" Beetee held out a syringe with a needle about an inch long.

"No!" "Cypress it's for your own good." Beetee said calmly. "No!" I tried to get up and run but Roland gripped my arms. "It will be okay Cypress."

As he said that the cold thin metal went into my skin. I tried to pull away but his grip was strong. I shook my head repeatedly as my vision began to blur.