I'll Show You Just Friends

Yeshiva POV

I hadn't seen Omar much since he had moved out. It seemed like he was avoiding me. I really hadn't noticed his absence much now that Darron and I decided to be together. I haven't noticed too much of anything other than Nya and Darron. He's a great father figure to her. He spoils her rotten.

Darron had taken Nya to get some ice cream while I stayed home. I was tired from work. They promised to bring me back some ice cream. They better.

I was laying on the couch in my sweats watching Tv when there was a knock on the door. I got up and opened it to see Omar standing there. He smiled when he saw me and opened his arms. I hugged him tight. I hadn't seen my buddy in forever.

"Omar! Oh my god! You look good boy. Look like you lost weight too. You want some chicken?" I asked.

"Nah I just came to see you." he said smiling as I let him in.

He sat on the couch and looked comfortable. I say beside him and notice he had changed his hair style. He went from a fro to a box. I liked the fro better, but he still looked nice.

"So what you been up to stranger?" I asked.

"Nothing. Thinking about you." he said staring at me.

"Darron and I have started dating. He's a great father to Nya." I said changing the subject.

He jumped up quickly and looked at me like I'd lost my mind. I'd never seen that look on his face before. He looked like he was getting mad.

"You with Darron? What about me? What about us?" he asked.

"There was no us. We were just friends." I said.

"I'll show you just friends." he said before yanking me by my hair and throwing me into a nearby wall.

"Aaah!" I screamed as he grabbed me by my arm.

That's when I started fighting back. I kicked him in the back of his leg as hard as I could causing him to lose his balance and almost fall. I took that time to get a good distance between us so he couldn't hit me. He came running at me and just when he was about to grab me, I punched him as hard as I could in the face causing him to back away four steps.

That's when the door swung open and in walked Darron. He looked confused at the both of us.

"What's going on?" he asked.

"Omar is trying to kill me." I said crying.

"She's lying. She was trying to have sex with me." he said.

"So her trying to have sex with you involves you getting a bloody nose?" Darron asked.

"Nya come on and lets go put the ice cream away sweety." I said picking her up and taking the tray filled with large cups of ice cream to the dining room.

"Momma why uncle Omar and Dada mad?" Nya asked.

"They not mad. They just playin." I said.

"Why you got a bump on yo forehead?" she asked.

"No reason." I said sitting her in her high chair.

I ran back into the living room to see Darron beating the crap out of Omar. He grabbed him by his shirt and pushed him out the house. He slammed the door. I just stood there.

Why did men keep attacking me? I was tired of being hurt. Darron came over to me and hugged me. I didn't even notice I was crying until I felt tears sliding down my face.

"Its okay. Everything is fine now." Darron said.

comment and vote