Chapter 3

Demetria's POV

I had just got done with work. I had a little free time on my hands. So I decided I would just head home for the day. I had a long day so  I wanted
to take a nap.

I didn't sleep the best last night, maybe a few hours of sleep would be very beneficial, so I thought. It was that damned old horror movie they made me watch. I am blaming them.

I was surprised when I pulled in. Both Aurora's, and Giovanni's cars were in the drive way. I could understand Aurora being home, as she had the day off. But Giovanni had expressed that he would be working his normal shift today..

He wasn't supposed to get off until 4 today. But I paid no mind. So I made it into the house. When I opened the door it was deadly quiet. That's when I realized that no one was home. "Hmm this is weird."

I said it out loud as if I was expecting something to happen. But it never did. So I decided I would give him a call. Just to make sure everything is okay. I pulled my phone out and gave him a call.

RING........RING........RING....

YOUR CALL HAS BEEN FORWARDED

Click....

Maybe he will call me back I thought. Im positive he is fine. He could of rode with his father this morning. So I went up stairs, put some shorts and one of his shirts on and laid down. I was awfully tired , but something was bugging me on the edge of my mind. So I decided to start counting sheep. It used to help
Me sleep as a child. And before I know it , I was out like a light.

*******************

My phone ringing startled me out of my sleep and I quickly scrambled to find it. But I hadn't realized how close I was to the edge of the bed.

"AHHHHH"

before I knew it , I had fallen off , and let me tell you. It wasn't a soft fall. My arms were killing me as it's what I had caught my self with.

"Damn that hurt, I have to be more careful"

I said to my self. I rubbed my knees and before I knew it the sound was coming from under the bed. I quickly scrambled to grab it , before it rings completely through. I didn't even think of looking at who was calling , before I swiftly answered.

"Hello"

Silence followed , A few moments passed beforeI heard ruffling and some one talking. But I couldn't put my finger on what was happening. Why would some one call and not speak?

So I looked down at my phone and noticed It was Giovanni, and he had some how butt dialed me. I laughed a little and just put it on speaker. He was notorious for butt dialing.

It Sounded like he was at the movies. I heard "popcorn" "tickets" and the rest was just too gruffy to hear. I thought it was odd but maybe he was with one of his friends or something. No big deal right? I'm not his boss. So I'll just ask him when he gets home. Besides, I trust him fully. Maybe he forgot to tell me about his plans. Or it could have been a spur of the moment type thing.

So I headed down stairs to plop on the couch and put myself a movie on . I was struggling to keep my eyes open. Maybe Aurora would be home soon, who knows where she is. Her car was here, but she wasnt. Maybe she had plans too. I was hoping some one would come home soon, That way I wouldn't be bored and alone. That was my last thought. Before I was completely passed out once again. Awaiting some one to come home and keep me company.