Chapter 18

Sofia

I spent the whole night tossing and turning. I couldn't sleep. Too many questions were flowing through my head. Would I make any friends? Would I get lost? What if I am too far behind? What if nobody likes me?

I don't if this happens to anyone else, but every time I have something exciting or important happening the next day, I can never fall asleep.

My alarm went off at 8am and I found myself full or energy and worry. I quickly changed and put the last items in my schoolbag. My new school has a simple and plain navy uniform. To my surprise it was comfortable. I chose to wear the pleated navy skirt and the white polo with my new Mary Janes. The uniform was pretty universal as you could choose from the pants, shorts, shirts, blouses and blazers. I really liked the idea of it.

I made my way downstairs thinking I would be the last person to arrive at the kitchen, but the only people there were Nazaire and Elijah.

"Good morning" I chirped, making the boys aware of my presence.

"Morning Sof." Replied the boys.

"What's got you in such a cheerful mood sunshine?" enquired Elijah.

"First day at new school jitters I guess?"

Elijah chuckled at my response.

"We'll see how long that lasts." Nazaire smirked while making a snide comment.

"Just because you're dumb and don't like school doesn't mean the same for me you know."

"Wow good one Sof. You just got roasted by a little girl Naz hah!"

"Hey! I am so not little!"

"Sure. Whatever rocks your boat." Elijah winked.

I was so done with them at this point. They were getting too comfortable around me. I made my way over to the other side of the kitchen island and poured myself a bowl of cereal. I had filled up my bowl with what I thought was a reasonable amount of cereal until Elijah poured in even more!

"Where are the rest of them?" I asked, finally addressing a very crucial question.

"Xander and Phoenix are probably still asleep and I think Alessandro decided to go to his girlfriend's house before going by himself." Answered Nazaire.

"First off I though Alessandro already finished school and also since when did he have a girlfriends?"

"I know right! He didn't even bother to tell me that he had a new one until last night. He goes through girlfriends faster than the blink of an eye. I don't like his present one though. Her name is Masie and she is like the fakest girl you will ever meet. So I warn you to stay away from her. I can literally tell she has a personality of a snake under all that plastic and make-up she wears. And also yeah Alessandro is still in school. He's on his last year anyway though."

"Wow thanks for the WHOLE story time."

"Girl! I had to fill you in on our family gossip!"

"Okay! Okay! If I had known you were such a gossiper, I would have stayed away from you." I joked

"How dare you! I can't believe you!" Nazaire fake sobbed as I continued to laugh at him.