Chapter 21

Sofia

My first day of school didn't really go as to plan. Quiet a few people tried to stay away from me whenever they figured out who my brothers were. I didn't mind it too much though as it meant less socialising needed on my part.

Elijah came to collect me after school as the boys had basketball practice. He tried to ask me some questions about my day, but I was really tired, so I just decided to fall asleep in the car.

When I woke up, I found myself tucked under the covers of my bed. I was a bit confused at first but then I realised Elijah must've carried me out of the car.

I had realised it was time for dinner so I quickly changed into some comfortable clothes and made my way down the stairs.

By the time I made it into the kitchen the dinner was being served. Elijah was the first one to notice me.

"At last the sleeping beauty has arisen from her deep state of slumber and has come to dine with us." He declared in a joking manner. I smiled at him and took my seat next to Nazaire who was busy filling up his plate with some sort of pasta dish.

"So Sofia, tell us about your first day." Lorenzo said.

"Oh, u-Uhm well I m-made a few new friend I g-guess. And the t-teachers all seem n-nice."

"I'm glad to hear that. Have you decided to partake in any activities I should know about?"

"I think I m-might join m-music if that okay?"

"Pfft music. Are you serious!? Gosh I knew you were a nerd but I didn't think you were that sad." Xander mocked while Phoenix joined in laughing.

"Nobody said anything to you when you joined basketball? So why are you laughing at a music group?" Asked Matteo, clearly disgusted by the boys behaviour.

I did low-key want to start crying, but I didn't want to give the boys any more reasons to make fun of me.

"That's different" Xander explained rolling his eyes.

I looked around table to see what my other reactions were to the twins statements. Naz was seething with anger but I could tell he was trying to keep calm in front of me. Elijah and Matteo looked sort of sad and the rest of them looked like they couldn't give a fuck. It was really nice knowing my brothers had my back.

When dinner was over Naz and I decided to do our homework together in the library. I didn't have too much to do as it was only the first day of school for me.

We decided to watch a film so we could relax before going to my room to play more Roblox. Nazaire had this guilty look on his face the whole night. But when I asked him what was wrong he kind of just brushed it off saying he was tired. I just figured he felt bad about the whole Xander thing.

I left Naz in my room so I could quickly use the bathroom. My ribs were starting to hurt so I decided to take a painkiller while I was there. When I came back to my room I realised I had fucked up by leaving Nazaire there.

Nazaire was holding the letter in his two hands reading the contents. I myself had not read it so I didn't even know what it contained.

"Sofia. Where did you get this?"

"Why are you looking through my stuff?"

"Are you serious right now?! That is not the problem here! Why didn't you tell anyone about this letter? Who gave it to you?"

"It doesn't matter! Give it back! It's literally none of your business and you had to right to go snooping through my things!"

"Sofia I don't think you understand how much danger you could be in right now! Why are you being so stubborn?! When and where did you get this?"

"Ugh stop! Just leave me alone and get out of my room!"

"Fine I'm going to give this to Lorenzo and we'll see if you can answer him?!"

"Sure go ahead! I don't give a fuck!! You are just being annoying! So go ahead! Go tell on me! Go and tell Lorenzo because it would be much better than dealing with someone who I thought respected me but instead is a backstabbing nosy traitor. I don't want to speak to you ever again!"

Nazaire was left speechless. To be honest he looked like he was about to shed a tear but before he could even respond to anything I said my door burst open.
It was Elijah.

"What is all this commotion? I can hear you from the other side of the house."

I gave my best 'don't you dare show him the letter' look to Nazaire but he obviously decided to ignore me. He slowly walked over to Elijah and showed him the open letter.

Elijah's face visibly whitened as he eyes scanned over every word in the letter.

"Sofia. W-where did you get this?" Whispered Elijah in a pretty concerned voice

"That is what I've been trying to figure out, but she refuses to tell me. So I was just about to bring this letter to Lorenzo since she clearly doesn't want to tell me."

"Sofia, please this is very serious. I don't think you understand-"

"I understand the priorities in this house very well. No privacy and just many secrets! What kind of things are you refusing to tell me?" I snapped back.

The room was silent for a few moments before Elijah sharply turned around to leave the room with Nazaire following him. He clearly decided to go snitch on me too, for whatever reason.

I decided to just jump on my bed and cry. I was so overwhelmed and I didn't know what had just happened. Everything in my life is going to shit and I have no idea what to do. Was I being too difficult? Should I have just told them where I got the letter?

No. Nazaire was snooping through my stuff. That's not right. Now I don't feel safe in the house. He broke my trust. If wanted to act like that we'll see how long he can last with me not talking to him.

What was so important about that stupid letter anyway? I wish I had read it before it got taken...

Here's another chapter for you guys. And I'm really not in the mood to edit right now 😭