[ 07. the glade gets attacked ]

| y/n's pov |

"HAS HE SAID anything?" Minho asked as we all followed Teresa into the Med-Hut.

"No."

Alby was sat on his bed with his back to us. He didn't have a shirt on, it was bundled in his lap and he stared at the ground.

"Alby?" Newt moved to his side. "Alby, you all right?"

Thomas took a few steps forward and leant down beside the other two.

"Hey, Alby." He got no answer. "Alby, we might have just found a way out of the Maze. You hear me? We could be getting out of here."

Alby shook his head. "We can't. We can't leave. They won't let us."

"What are you talking about?" Thomas asked him.

"I remember." Alby said and I noticed the tears in his eyes. I looked at Minho, who mirrored my concerned expression.

"What do you remember?"

Alby turned his head and looked Thomas right in the eyes. "You."

My eyes drifted down to Thomas.

"You were always their favourite, Thomas. Always."

I heard shouting outside and I turned my head to the door.

"Why did you do this?" Alby asked Thomas. "Why did you come here?"

Thomas stood up and Alby started to cry. The shouting outside got louder and I ran out of the Med-Hut ahead of the others.

"Winston, hey." I ran up to the boy who held a flame torch in his hand. "What's going on?"

"The doors, they aren't closing." He answered. I looked over to the crowd of boys with torches by the main door and ran over.

We all stared down the corridor anxiously when there was a loud rumble. Turning around, almost bumping into Newt, I noticed the other three doors around the Glade were opening.

"Okay, Chuck, I want you to go to the Council Hall, okay? Start barricading the doors." Thomas said to the younger boy.

"Mhm." Chuck nodded.

"Winston, you go with him." Newt ordered.

"Got it."

"Get the others. Tell them to go to the forest, go hide. Now." Gally called out to them.

"Minho, Y/N, I want you two to grab every weapon you can find. Meet you at the Council Hall."

"Let's go." Minho ran off with Newt, Fry and a few other boys.

"Be careful, Thomas." I said softly, looking him in the eyes.

His face flushed a little as he nodded. "You too."

I ran off after the boys that had just left.

"Run! Grievers!" Some boys yelled from near the forest and I bumped right into Minho.

"All right, guys, grab all the spears, the machetes, everything you can." Minho ordered and we all hurried around the room grabbing for them. "Fry, you grab that torch. Come on."