[ 14. we escape (again) ]

| y/n's pov |

THOMAS PUSHED OPEN the door to the vent and he ushered all of us out. After we explained exactly what we saw, the others were obviously in on our plan of escaping immediately.

"Okay, let's go. Let's go." Thomas waved us behind him the moment everyone was out of the vents.

"You guys go ahead." Aris said. "There's something I gotta do."

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Trust me, it's important. You guys wanna get out of here, right? Just go." Aris climbed back into the vent.

"I'll go with him." Winston offered.

"Okay, Winston, go, go!" Thomas started running. "Come on."

"You sure we can trust this kid?" Minho questioned us.

"You don't wanna know where we'd be without him." I said as we turned a corner and bumped into a doctor. Dr. Crawford. Teresa's doctor.

"What are you kids doing out?" She asked and the lights on the wall next to us started to flash and an alarm went off. We all exchanged looks and glanced back at the doctor.

Thomas grabbed the woman by her arm and demanded she'd tell us where Teresa is. After that, we were running down hallways as the alarm blared around us.

Frypan and Newt, who were at the front of the group, went to turn a corner and immediately stopped. The rest of us caught up as a man yelled.

"Freeze! Stay where you are!" He cocked a gun and we all scrambled back towards the way we came.

"Why are they shooting at us?" Frypan asked.

"I don't know, Fry." I said sarcastically and gestured around. "Probably cause we're doing this."

"Minho." Thomas called out and I turned my head to see my best friend standing in the middle of the hallway. "What the hell are you doing? Minho!"

He started running and when the guard came around the corner, Minho kicked him into the wall and knocked him out. We all ran across the hallway to him.

"Shit, Minho." Newt almost smiled while we looked down at the unconscious guard. Thomas leant down and took the guard's gun.

"Okay. Let's go. Come on. Let's go." He grabbed Dr. Crawford by the shoulder and held the gun to her back.

Crawford led us to a room in the med wing and opened the door.

"Dr. Crawford, are you here to..." Another doctor in the room spoke before Thomas pushed past her into the room with the gun pointed at them. The doctors all raised their arms in surrender. "Wait, wait. Woah, woah. Okay."

"Where is she? Where is she?" Thomas threatened them with the gun and my eyes fell on the curtain beside us.

I ran over and ripped it open to find Teresa lying on a bed. She had tubes in her nose and attached to her arm. I leant down beside her as Thomas continued to scare the doctors with the gun.

"Teresa." I put a hand on her arm and her eyes slowly opened. "Jesus, what did they do to you?"

"Y/N?" Panic and surprise swarmed in her eyes. "What's going on?"