Chapter 20. /Natasha

My eyes fell on my mom as she ran and embraced me tightly which snapped me back to reality.

The news reporters and paparazzi were waiting out to interview us.

I was immediately taken into questioning though I was sitting in the ambulance.

"Hello, my name's Lydia Halls and I'll be your case handler." The female cop said.

I didn't reply.

"Okay.. I hope you're fine answering a few questions."

No reply, again. I was too tired for the cops.

"Officer Halls, you can question me. She has been through a lot more, it may take time for her to recover from immediate trauma." Andrew dived in.

She smiled at him, "Thank you, Mr. Marks."

He gestured for her to ask him.

"What had Dr. Cullen actually done? Except for containing Ms. Natasha." she asked.

"He sexually abused her mother, and forced his way in their home. Steven used Natasha and her mom for their intelligence and used their inventions and ideas to build... This." Andrew replied.

She nodded in acknowledgement, "Did you cause any harm to you or your family?"

"As a matter of fact, yes. The blast that occurred five years ago- in Eldervan was his plan to take my parents' lives. The first bomb blast had occurred in my home, killing my parents. Thanks to Natasha and Aunt Rachael, I survived."

"That's unfortunate. I'm sorry for your loss."

"Anymore questions?"

"No, actually the ones I have can only be answered by Ms. Natasha."

"Very well, I'll give you a call when she's ready."

Lydia nodded, "Thank you for your time." She said and left towards her car.

They were at a distance, but talking loudly due to all the noises.

Andrew walked over to me smiling. He sat beside me and handed me some water.

I hadn't had water for hours and gulped down the whole bottle. My throat which was dry and coarse finally had something cool streak down the skin and relieved the burning sensation inside.

"That was the most delicious drink of water I've ever had." I said as Andrew laughed.

He looked at me with sad eyes, "I know you're not okay. You can talk to me." He said, holding my cheeks in his palms.

"Where's Daisy?" I asked, after acknowledging him.

"She's in surgery for her leg. Don't worry, your mom's with her." Andrew replied.

"I'm tired." I said, laying my head on his shoulder.
I didn't have the energy to think about anything. Today was just a bad day.

Before I could fall asleep, people outside the barricades started yelling in anger and a few screamed in fear.

I followed their eyes and saw the fire robots, escorting Nate out. In a stretcher they got out something in a black bag.

That must be Steven. The cop robots immediately arrested Nate after Lydia commanded them.

"I guess I'm ready." I said to Andrew.

"Ready for what?"

"To tell Lydia what really happened."
I hopped from the ambulance and walked towards Lydia.