Chapter 5: Meet Rani

Simba led Rani to Priderock. "So who is your son anyway?" Rani asked keeping pace with Simba.

"His name is Kiongozi, but everyone calls him Kion," Simba replied. Rani nodded. "I have to warn you, he might try to scare you off or get rid of you somehow. Please, don't back out, I've been trying to find a mate for Kion but he keeps scaring every lioness off," Simba rolled his eye's.

"I don't get scared easy," Rani replied. Simba nodded.

They arrived at Priderock. "Nice," Rani said. Simba nodded. They walked inside.

"Kion!" Simba shouted. "What dad," An annoyed voice was heard from the inside. "I have someone I want you to meet," Simba said.

Kion walked into the light. Rani gasped, She didn't expect him to be so attractive.

"This is Rani, you will be going on dates with her for a couple days," Simba said. Kion growled.

Simba walked away. Kion glared at Rani. "When your dad said you would try to scare me away, I didn't think you'd just be growling. That's not scary Kion," Rani said.

"Just stay out of my life!" Kion shouted. "I can't, we are going to be having dates for a couple days," Rani replied.

Kion dug his claws in the ground. "Why are you angry all the time?" Rani asked. "Because I'm being forced to go on dates," Kion growled.

"Your dad is just trying to help you," Rani replied. "Yoru only saying that because you want to be mates with the Prince of the Pridelands," Kion rolled his eye's.

"No, I'm a queen, so Prince isn't even a title," Rani replied. "Then what are you doing here!" Kion shouted. "My little brother Baliyo is ruling right now. I wanted a break. I've been ruling since I was very young. My parents passed away and there was no other royal blood, so I became queen at a very young age," Rani explained.

"Oh, I didn't know your parents died," Kion replied. "It's fine, it was years ago," Rani said, "Oh its sunset, let's go."

"Ugh," Kion dragged his paws out of Priderock.

"Alright, what's fun here?" Rani asked. "I like hanging out with my friends," Kion replied. "Who are your friends," Rani asked. "Abedi, Drago, and Zuberi," Kion replied.

"Let's bring them along," Rani said. "But aren't dates only supposed to be with one male and one lioness?" Kion asked. "Oh now you want to be on a date," Rani smirked. "I'll go get them!" Kion ran off.