Chapter 13: A Mistake

Rani walked out of the Pridelands, not looking back. She needed to find a new place to live.

Rani eventually found a cave to sleep in. She ate the meat Simba had given her, and fell asleep.

As Rani slept, an image of Kion went to her mind. She growled and tried to think of something else, but it didn't work. She still saw Kion. She opened her eyes in frustration.

Rani stood up and shook her head, trying to get rid of Kion, but he stayed in her mind.

"Kion," Rani sighed. Rani's head jolted up. She realized she had made a huge mistake. She loved Kion, but her rage toward him never let her see it.

Rani ran back to the Pridelands.

She ran into Priderock. "Kion!" Rani yelled.

Kion cried himself to sleep. He couldn't believe he let himself fall in love. Suddenly, he heard his name being called. "Kion!"

Kion lifted his head, and looked around. "Who's there!" "Kion, it's me," The voice replied. Kion's eyes widened, "Rani!" He jumped up.

Kion ran to the entrance, and saw Rani standing there. He ran up and hugged her. "I shouldn't have left Kion, I'm sorry," Rani apologized.

"It's ok, your here now," Kion smiled, "And, we can just be friends if you want." "The thing is Kion, I don't want to be friends, I want to be your mate.."