●♥ 𝟜.𝟙 ♥●

»»——♥——««

»»——♥——««

It was him. In the flesh. Standing right in front of me.

My brain faltered for a moment, letting me take in those eyes that'd been haunting me for so long as they stared back at me wide open, just like mine.

You? He said, you? Right?

Did that mean...

My throat clogged up, reality settling in at that moment, and I stumbled backward. I had moved while my brain was still trying to interpret what was currently going on. It didn't take into account that movement.

His eyes widened even more, flickering between me and the space behind me. He stepped forward, hands shooting out to grab me before I can put any more distance between us, and pulled me smack against his chest.

My heart pounded heavily. Different emotions swirled and clashed within me, clouding every sense of my reasoning. Shaky, fast breaths escaped my lips as my chest rose and fell rapidly against his. My skin tingled from the pressure of his hands on my shoulders, and I shuddered.

Taking a step back, he turned behind me and bowed a little, apologizing.

It was then that I looked behind. An older man stood just at the point he'd pulled me away from, his face contorted into various angry lines as he glared at both of us.

Well, crap.

I blinked away the fogginess in my head and stood up straight, composing myself. My sweaty palms rubbed against my jeans as I cast an apologetic look at the man, even though my heart still ran a marathon.

The man spat unintelligible words, a scowl on his face before he walked on, leaving us behind in our mess. The hairs on my body stood as the remnant of the man faded away, leaving us alone once again. My palms were wet again as I cleared my throat, glancing back at him.

Every part of him was on high alert. With his brows drawn together, his eyes scanned my body before focusing back on my face. "You okay?" he asked, his voice firm with warmth curling through it that just made you swoon.