●♥ 𝟜.𝟚 ♥●

»»——♥——««

»»——♥——««

Maan Coffee shop was thankfully not too far from where we were, so the swirling questions didn't last too long.

I stepped forward, grabbed a hold of the door, and held it open for him to step in first.

He froze for a minute, his brows pinched together.

"What..."

"Another first for you?"

He chuckled. "You could say that." he paused and walked in. "Thank you, but let me take that next time, yeah? My mom would have my hide if she ever got wind of that."

My lips twitched just as a jolt of ache sneered through me. I stepped through the door, letting my eyes flutter shut for a second as my hands found their way to the pendant hidden underneath my jacket. The whiff of the soothing smell of coffee wafted to us at the entrance, along with various conversations of people who'd come out to get their energies revived. It was just the place for that momentary break of bliss.

"I can't make promises I might not keep," I said, turning slightly to him. "But if you really want to get it next time, you might have to be a bit faster."

"Duly noted."

We made our way further inside, searching for an empty booth. Once we found one, I couldn't help the laugh that poured from my mouth as Avondré stepped forward to pull out a chair for me—a smug look on his face.

"Faster."

"Good job."

A server walked up to us right away. Another feature Gail loved so much about there, they had perfect customer service. After we placed our orders, Avondré settled back into his chair, folding his hands, after adjusting his scarf a lot better around his neck.

"You're staring," I pointed out after a minute and he hadn't said a thing.

He blinked and sat back up. "My apologies. I'm just trying to figure out the situation we're in for one and the very best place to ask questions. Before we get to what, we would consider the right type of questions?"