●♥ 𝟝 ♥●

»»——♥——««

»»——♥——««

It was the zap of electricity that tore through my hands to the rest of my body once she suddenly grabbed my hands that got most of my attention. My breath hitched and eyes opened wider, wondering what the heck was going on and if I was hella wrong to just walk into a coffee shop with a strange woman I had absolutely no idea about. Well, except that I'd randomly drawn her twice, and she'd been dreaming of me every day for two freaking years.

But that knowledge did nothing to calm the protruding hairs on my skin. That was right until I realized what she'd been glaring so intently at and she asked that question, her voice sharper.

"Why do you have this pendant?"

I snatched my hand out of hers, using my left hand to rub the buzzing residual feeling from her hand on mine whilst trying to hide away the pendant.

This pendant? What did she know about it?

My eyes narrowed, scrutinizing her as a knot settled in the deep ends of my stomach. Was she actually associated with him? And just how did the pendant come into play in all of this?

She retreated into her chair, averting her gaze from me and clearing her throat. "Erm." She cleared her throat, looking at me just briefly before looking away again. "I'm sorry." The sharpness in her voice was gone and replaced by a timid softness. "That was..."

"What do you know about the pendant?" I demanded stiffly, still squinting at her as my heart thumped in my chest, the knot in my stomach growing.

Sighing, she shut her eyes for a moment before reaching around her neck, tracing the necklace that had been peeping from under her navy blue sweater and then letting it drop over it.

I froze, my heart skipping a beat.

Staring right back at me was the same, and yet quite different, pendant. How could she even have it? Ma mentioned nothing about there being more than one of these things out there. Why did she give the impression that it was one of its kind?

And then, suddenly, like someone had doused me with a bucket full of ice water, I remembered her question. My tense body sagged against my chair. Did she also believe hers was one of a kind? Crap. No wonder she grabbed my hand like that. It definitely had a significant meaning to her, as it did to me. Though it was definitely more for her than it was for me. But all the same, to think that I had instantly become suspicious of her.